Is Valorant not launching or opening after an update?
Valorant is a 5v5 tactical-based FPS game developed by Riot games.
In the game, you have 13 rounds to attack and defend your side using weapons and abilities.
You only have one life per round, so you need to think faster than your opponent.
There are multiple modes including competitive, unranked, deathmatch, and spike rush.
You can choose between multiple agents armed with unique abilities.
No agents will play alike and no highlight reels will look the same.
Every map allows you to display your intellect as it’s built for teamwork, plays, and clutch moments.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix Valorant not launching or not opening after an update for Windows 11 or 10.
Why is Valorant not opening after an update?
Valorant is not opening after an update because the latest update has bugs or glitches.
If the game is not opening, it can also be due to an outdated graphics card or Windows version.
Lastly, some antivirus programs will conflict with the game.
Valorant will take some time to release a follow-up update to fix bugs from the previous update.
In the meantime, there are some methods that you can try to fix the launching issue (more below).
How to fix Valorant not launching
To fix Valorant not launching, you need to update Windows and your graphics card.
You can also try turning off or uninstalling your antivirus and running Valorant in compatibility mode for Windows 8.
Fix 1: Update Windows and your graphics card
- Update Windows: Windows Search Bar > Check for updates > Download & Install.
- Nvidia graphics card: Visit https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/download/ > Download Now > open the app > sign up or log in > Drivers > Download.
- AMD graphics card: Visit https://www.amd.com/en/support > Download > open the app > follow the on-screen instructions to update your graphics card.
Note: Valorant has removed support for older versions of Windows 10. If you have an outdated version of Windows, you need to update it to play the game (source: Valorant Support).
Fix 2: Turn off or uninstall your antivirus
- Uninstall your antivirus software: If you have Avast or AVG antivirus, you need to uninstall them or allow Valorant to bypass them.
- Allow Valorant through Firewall: Allow “RiotClientServices.exe”, “Valorant.exe”, “Valorant-Win64-Shipping.exe”, and “Riot Vanguard” through Windows Defender Firewall.
Fix 3: Run Valorant in compatibility mode
- Right-click the Riot Client > Properties > Compatibility > Uncheck “Run this program as an administrator” > Check “Run this program in compatibility mode” for Windows 8.
- Right-click Valorant > Properties > Compatibility > Uncheck “Run this program as an administrator” > Check “Run this program in compatibility mode” for Windows 8.
Note: If you’re still facing launching issues, check “Run this program as an administrator” instead of unchecking it.