Is the Valorant download or update stuck at 0.1 KB/s?
Battle in a 5v5, fast-paced FPS game by Riot games.
In the game, you have 13 rounds to attack and defend your side using weapons and abilities.
Think faster than your opponent as you only have one life per round.
There are several modes including competitive, unranked, deathmatch, and spike rush.
You can decide between multiple agents armed with unique abilities.
No agents will play the same and no highlight reels will be similar to each other.
Every map allows you to display your intellect as it’s built for teamwork, plays, and clutch moments.
In this guide, you’ll learn why is the Valorant update or download stuck at 0.1 KB per second and how to fix it.
Why is the Valorant download stuck at 0.1 KB?
The Valorant download is stuck at 0.1 KB because your Windows version is outdated or you have an antivirus program that’s preventing the download.
It can also be due to MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, or Discord.
The common antivirus programs that cause downloading or updating issues are AVG and Avast.
The common programs that reduce the download speed are MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, and Discord.
How to fix Valorant update stuck at 0.1 KB
To fix the Valorant update stuck at 0.1 KB, you need to update Windows to the latest version and uninstall AVG or Avast antivirus.
You need to also end the task for MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, and Discord from the task manager or try deleting VGC and VGK in CMD and restarting your PC.
Fix 1: Update Windows to the latest version
- Use the Windows search bar and search for “Check for updates”.
- Select “Download & Install” to update Windows.
- Try updating or downloading Valorant again.
Note: Valorant has removed support for Windows 10 older versions. If you have an outdated version of Windows, you need to update it to play the game (source: Valorant Support).
Fix 2: Uninstall AVG or Avast antivirus
- Open the control panel > Programs > Uninstall a program > AVG > Uninstall.
- Open the control panel > Programs > Uninstall a program > Avast > Uninstall.
Fix 3: End the task for MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, and Discord
- Open the task manager (press CTRL + ALT + DEL on your keyboard).
- Click on the “Processes” tab.
- Right-click and end the task for MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, and Discord.
Fix 4: Delete VGC and VGK in CMD
- Use the Windows search bar and search for “Command Prompt”.
- Open the command prompt as an administrator.
- Type “sc delete vgc” and press enter.
- Type “sc delete vgk” and press enter.
- Restart your PC.
- Open the File Explorer > This PC > C: Drive > Program Files > Riot Vanguard > Delete.
- Launch Valorant and try updating the game again.