Is the voice chat not working in Modern Warfare 2?
Are you trying to talk with your teammates but they can’t hear you?
Since MW2’s release, the game has had multiple known issues.
Some of the known issues are screen flickering, missing files, unable to save, etc.
In this guide, you’ll how to fix the voice chat/microphone not working in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (MW2) for PC, Xbox, PS4, and PS5.
Why is my microphone not working in MW2?
The voice chat is not working in Modern Warfare 2 because your microphone is probably muted.
Otherwise, you didn’t give the game access to your microphone.
If you’re using an Xbox, your headset microphone might be disabled.
Also, your “Party chat output” might be set incorrectly.
Instead of “Headset & Speakers”, it’s probably set to “Speakers”.
How to fix voice chat not working in Modern Warfare 2
To fix voice chat not working in Modern Warfare 2, you need to allow the game to access your microphone (for PC and Xbox).
If you’re using an Xbox, you need to set your “Party chat output” to “Headset & Speakers” instead of just “Headset” or “Speakers”.
If you’re using a PC, make sure to set your microphone as the default device.
In addition, you need to disable “Exclusive control” and “Exclusive mode” for it.
Fix voice chat for PC:
- Allow microphone access: Search for “Microphone Privacy Settings” using Windows search > Turn on “Microphone access” > Turn on “Let apps access your microphone”.
- Set as default device: Search for “Control Panel” using Windows search > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Right-click your microphone and set it as the default device.
- Enable exclusivity: Search for “Control Panel” using Windows search > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Right-click your microphone > Properties > Advanced > Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device > Disable.
Note: Make sure that “Let apps access your microphone” for “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2” is turned on.
Fix voice chat for Xbox:
- Enable the headset mic: Press the Xbox Sky button > Audio & Music > Headset mic > On.
- Adjust the microphone settings: Launch Modern Warfare 2 > Audio Settings > Microphone Device > If it’s set to default, try changing it to your microphone/headset itself.
- Enable headset & speakers: Open Xbox settings > General > Volume & audio output > Additional options > Party chat output > Headset & speakers.