Are you looking to wait for your captured SAM Site to shoot down an airplane in DMZ?
Warzone 2 has multiple missions that you can complete for rewards.
To check your missions, you need to open the “Faction Missions” menu.
Missions can be obtained from three factions including Legion, White Lotus, and Black Mous.
Your starting faction is Legion, and each faction has missions from various tiers.
The tiers include tier 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 DMZ missions (the higher the tier, the better the reward).
After you’ve completed a mission, you’ll get its rewards and unlock higher-tier missions.
The rewards that you can get are bonus XP, weapon blueprints, and other missions.
How to “Wait for your captured SAM Site to shoot down an airplane” in Warzone 2 DMZ
To wait for your captured SAM Site to shoot down an airplane, you must first capture a SAM Site.
After you’ve captured it, you need to defend the site and wait for a few minutes for the SAM to lock on to an airplane and shoot it down.
1. Capture a SAM Site
How to capture a SAM Site (expand the screenshots above):
- Open the Tac-Map, zoom in, and ping a SAM Site icon.
- Go to the SAM Site (e.g. in Sarrif Bay).
- Go to the computer and select “Capture SAM Site”.
- Wait for the site to be captured and defend it.
2. Wait for your captured SAM Site to shoot down an airplane
How to wait for your captured SAM Site to shoot down an airplane:
- After you’ve captured the SAM Site, you need to wait for a few minutes for the SAM to lock onto an airplane and shoot it down.
- In the meantime, you need to defend the Site as other players can try to intercept it.
- When the SAM shoots down an airplane, it’ll drop a supply drop.
3. Loot the supply drop
How to loot the supply drop:
- After the SAM destroys an airplane, open the Tac-Map and ping the supply drop.
- Navigate to the supply drop and open it (it’ll take about 10 seconds) to complete the mission.
Tip #1: Make sure you loot the white supply drops and not the yellow ones because they don’t count.
Tip #2: If you can’t capture the supply drop, try changing your Use Button settings to “Tap to Reload” instead of “Prioritize Interact”.