Is YouTube Music 2022 Recap not working, not showing up, or missing?
Recaps are personalized playlists and statistics about your top songs, artists, and more.
They are made based on your music listening history across YouTube.
It gets an update each time a new yearly or seasonal Recap is ready and you can always save them.
To get a Recap, you need to listen to at least 10 hours of music on YouTube.
In this guide, you’ll learn why is your YouTube Music 2022 Recap not showing up or not working and how to fix it.
Why is my YouTube Music 2022 Recap not showing up?
Your YouTube Music 2022 Recap is not showing up because you didn’t listen to enough music in the last 10 and a half months.
Otherwise, you don’t have the latest version of YouTube or the YouTube Music app.
Here are the requirements to see your YouTube Music 2022 Recap:
- You need to have at least 10 hours of music listening time across YouTube platforms from 1 January 2022 to 15 November 2022.
- Either the YouTube app or the YouTube Music app installed on your device.
- The YouTube app needs to be version 17.43 or newer and the YouTube Music app needs to be version 5.32 or newer, or iOS 14 or newer.
Source: YouTube Music Help (Google Support).
If you didn’t meet one or more of the requirements above, you won’t be able to see your recap.
Most users are unable to see it because they didn’t listen to 10 hours of music in the last 10 and a half months.
If that’s the case, you can listen to YouTube Music more often to generate your recap next year instead.
How to fix YouTube Music 2022 Recap not working
To fix YouTube Music 2022 Recap not working, you need to update YouTube or YouTube Music to the latest version.
If your Android or iOS version is outdated, you need to update your device.
Fix 1: Update YouTube/YouTube Music
- Open the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Search for “YouTube/YouTube Music” and open it.
- Select “Update” to update the app.
- Open the YouTube Music app and sign in.
- Select your profile photo > Your Recap > Watch now.
Note: If you already have the latest version of Spotify, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app instead or clearing its cache.
Fix 2: Update your device
- For Android devices: Open the Settings app > System > System update > follow the on-screen instructions to update your Android version.
- For iOS devices: Open the Settings app > General > Software Update > Download and Install.
Note: Your iOS version needs to be iOS 14 or newer.
After you’ve updated your device, open the YouTube Music app > Select your profile photo > Your Recap.
Lastly, select “Watch now” to view your stories, download them, or share them.
If you still can’t see the stories, it probably means that you’ve listened to less than 10 hours of music in the last 10 and a half months.