Is the console account merge not working in Overwatch 2?
Are you trying to merge your console account with your Battle.net account?
Did you successfully link both accounts but your items are missing?
Overwatch 2 was released on October 4, 2022.
Since its release, the game has had multiple known issues.
Some of the known issues are server disconnection, cosmetics, items, currency not showing up, and others.
In this guide, you’ll learn why is the console account merge not working (PS4, PS5, Xbox) in Overwatch 2 and how to fix it.
- Why is the account merge not working in Overwatch 2?
- How to fix account merge not working in Overwatch 2
Why is the account merge not working in Overwatch 2?
The account merge is not working in Overwatch 2 because you didn’t link your console account to your Battle.net account.
If you’ve already linked your accounts, you need to wait for the items from Overwatch to transfer over to Overwatch 2.
According to an Overwatch announcement by Jodie, a community manager, this is taking a long time because the player database is overloaded.
Many players are complaining about the issue on the Blizzard forum.
In addition, there is a UI issue in the game that prevents the cross-progression prompt from showing up on certain consoles.
“I am not even seeing the option to merge when I log in to PS5. My account is linked but there’s no option to merge. It’s showing my PC progress (that I barely played on) instead of my PS4 progress”.
“For some reason, Overwatch 1 sent a QR code, I signed in to my Blizzard, but it linked my PC account instead. Now my Xbox Overwatch 1 stuff is gone”.
“I 100% merged the account and I log in and find that all my progression and unlocks have been reset. I literally have nothing. What’s the status on this?”.
How to fix account merge not working in Overwatch 2
To fix the account merge not working in Overwatch 2, you need to link your console account to Battle.net and wait for your items to sync.
If you have incorrectly locked heroes or items, you can open a support ticket on Battle.net.
Fix 1: Link your console account to Battle.net
- Log in to Overwatch from your console account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to scan a QR Code on your mobile phone.
- Enter the code displayed on your console to connect to or create your Blizzard Battle.net Account.
- You’ll be prompted to confirm your account in the next game login to merge your accounts.
Source: Account Mege FAQ.
Note: If the QR code does not appear, you need to restart the game or wait for Blizzard to implement a UI fix. There is currently a UI issue with the launch build that prevents the account merge prompt from showing up on certain consoles.
Fix 2: Wait for your items to transfer over
- Blizzard mentioned that the player database is overloaded, which will take a longer time for your Overwatch 1 items to transfer over to Overwatch 2.
- They are currently investigating the issue and are deploying a client-side fix in the next few weeks.
- No player data has been wiped or lost.
Source: Overwatch 2 Launch Status Update.
Fix 3: Open a support ticket
- Go to https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/overwatch.
- Describe your issue (e.g., Can’t merge accounts) and click on “Continue”.
- Select “I still need help”.
- Select Account > Not listed here.
- Click on “Contact Us”.
- Describe your issue and submit the web ticket.
How to Merge Overwatch 2 Accounts
How to Fix Missing Cosmetics and Skins in Overwatch 2
How to Fix “Player is in a different version of Overwatch” in Overwatch 2