To get the Active Developer Badge on Discord, you need to create a new application and add a new bot.
After that, you need to get the app’s token, create a bot, invite the bot, and run a command.
Lastly, you need to wait for 24 hours to claim the badge.
The Active Developer Badge on Discord is a way for Discord to acknowledge the developer community.
Developers who own at least one active application will be eligible for the badge.
The app needs to have executed an application command in the last 30 days.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to get the Active Developer Badge on Discord (for PC).
- Step 1: Create a new Discord server
- Step 2: Create a new application and add a bot
- Step 3: Enable privileged gateway intents, reset the token, and copy it
- Step 4: Create a bot on BotGhost
- Step 5: Invite the bot to your server and run a command
Step 1: Create a new Discord server
- Open the Discord desktop app.
- Select Add a Server > Create My Own > Name your server > Create.
- Go to your server > Dropdown box > Server Settings.
- Enable Community > Get Started > Next > Next > Agree > Finish Setup.
Note: You need to set up a community server for this guide to work.
Step 2: Create a new application and add a bot
- Go to https://discord.com/developers/applications.
- Click on the “New application” button.
- Name your application and select “Create”.
- Go to the “Bot” tab and select “Add Bot”.
Step 3: Enable privileged gateway intents, reset the token, and copy it
- Scroll down, enable all 3 privileged gateway intents, and select “Save changes”.
- Scroll up and select “Reset Token”.
- Select “Copy” to copy the token.
Step 4: Create a bot on BotGhost
- Go to https://botghost.com/ and select “Create a bot”.
- Paste the bot token into the “Bot Token” field and select “Create Bot”.
Step 5: Invite the bot to your server and run a command
- Select “Invite” on the left sidebar.
- Select the Discord server that you want to invite the bot to.
- Authorize the bot to join your server.
- Run the /activedevbadge command.
- Wait for 24 hours and click on this link to claim the Active Developer Badge: https://discord.com/developers/active-developer.
Note: The Discord database is currently experiencing issues, so it might take longer to get the Active Developer Badge. If you haven’t gotten the badge after 24 hours, you can contact Discord support here: https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.