Are you getting an “Unable to register” on Discord?
Here’s the second part of the error, “Based on the information you provided, we can’t create an account for you right now”.
The error message happens when you’re trying to create a Discord account.
It can happen on both desktop and mobile devices on the Discord app.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix “Unable to register based on the information you provided” on Discord.
Why can’t I register for Discord?
You can’t register for Discord because you’re under the age of 13.
According to Discord’s terms, you need to be at least 13 years old to access their app or website.
Their system will verify users that satisfy the minimum age requirement.
This is to keep users safe and make sure that children do not encounter inappropriate material.
When you’re creating a Discord account, you need to disclose your age under “Date of birth”.
In some countries, you may need to be older than 13 to use Discord.
For example, in Croatia, Germany, and Hungary, you need to be 16 years old or above.
Some Discord servers are age-restricted because they contain inappropriate content.
Although you can use the app, you won’t be able to access these servers if you’re under the age of 18.
If you’ve incorrectly set your birthday and you want to change it, you need to contact Discord support.
How to fix Discord unable to register based on the information
To fix Discord unable to register based on the information, you need to clear cookies and other site data if you’re using a Discord in a browser like Chrome.
After you’ve cleared cookies, open Discord in your browser, and create a new account.
When you’re creating a new account, make sure to set your age to 13 years or older.
Fix 1: Clear cookies on Chrome:
- Exit Discord in your browser.
- Click on the three dots on the extreme right of the URL field.
- Select “More tools” followed by “Clear browsing data”.
- Select “Cookies and other site data”.
- Click on the “Clear data” button.
- Reopen Discord in your browser.
- Create a new Discord account and set your age to 13 years or older.
Fix 2: Use another device/browser
- If you’re using a computer to create a Discord account, use your mobile phone instead.
- If you’re using your mobile phone to create a Discord account, use a computer instead.
- Visit Discord on a different browser from this list: Chrome, Edge, Firefox, or Safari.