Are you getting an error code 272 in Roblox?
Here’s the first part of the error, “Disconnected” and “Lost connection due to an error”.
This happens when you try to join a Roblox experience.
If you select “Leave” and try to launch the experience again, you might get the same error.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix error code 272 in Roblox (disconnected or lost connection due to an error).
What is error code 272 in Roblox?
Error code 272 in Roblox is a disconnection issue that prevents you from joining an experience.
It typically happens because you have a Chrome extension preventing the experience from launching.
The error code can also be caused if you are running an exploit, mod, or Roblox in 32-bit.
After the Byfron update, Roblox is able to detect extensions, exploits, and mods more effectively.
As a result, you cannot join an experience if you’re running one or more of them.
How to fix error code 272 in Roblox
To fix error code 272 in Roblox, you need to remove unwanted Chrome extensions.
You also need to uninstall exploits, and mods, and run the game in 64-bit instead of 32-bit.
Exploits like Krnl and Synapse X can no longer work after the Byfron update.
Similarly, certain Chrome extensions that alter the Roblox experience may no longer work.
Fix 1: Remove unwanted Chrome extensions
- On Chrome, click on the puzzle icon.
- Select “Manage extensions”.
- Remove unwanted extensions (e.g., tampermonkey, violentmonkey).
Fix 2: Uninstall exploits and mods
- Uninstall all exploits and mods for Roblox on your computer.
- Examples of exploits and mods are Krnl and Synapse X.
Fix 3: Uninstall Roblox and install it from the Microsoft Store
- Search for “Control Panel” using Windows Search.
- Uninstall a program > right-click Roblox > Uninstall.
- Open the Microsoft Store app and install Roblox.
- Launch Roblox, log in to your account, and play a game.