Are you getting this EA AntiCheat error, “Failure during update process” in FIFA 23?
The error message happens when EA AntiCheat fails to update.
As a result, the update will stop and the game will not launch,
In this guide, you’ll learn why you’re getting the EA AntiCheat “Failure during update process” error in FIFA 23 and how to fix it.
- Why does FIFA 23 say “Failure during update process”?
- How to fix “Failure during update process” in FIFA 23
Why does FIFA 23 say “Failure during update process”?
FIFA 23 says “Failure during update process” because there is a problem with the EA AntiCheat program.
The program is either bugged or corrupted.
The error can also happen if you have other anti-cheat programs on your PC (e.g. FACEIT AC).
EA is currently investigating the issue and they are working on a fix.
Many users are complaining about it on forums and social media.
Here’s a tweet by @DerSchueppi “@EAHelp EA Anticheat “Failure during update process”. Can someone help?”.
And a tweet by @jw2933, “@EAHelp AntiCheat says there is a failure during the update process, so FIFA won‘t launch. I’m paying 100€ per year and I can‘t even use my benefits of EA Play Pro”.
How to fix “Failure during update process” in FIFA 23
To fix “Failure during update process” in FIFA 23, you need to uninstall and reinstall EA AntiCheat.
If you have any other anti-cheat programs like FACEIT AC, you need to uninstall them as well.
Here are 5 methods to fix the error:
- Uninstall EA AntiCheat (Right-click FIFA 23 > __Installer > EAAntiCheat > double-click EAAntiCheat.Installer > Uninstall > Install) > launch Origin/EA/Steam as an administrator > launch FIFA 23.
- Uninstall FACEIT Anti-Cheat (or other Anti-Cheat programs).
- Run Origin/EA/Steam as an administrator.
- Repair/verify the game files (For Origin > Library > right-click FIFA 23 > Repair/For Steam > Library > Right-click FIFA 23 > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files).
- Uninstall and reinstall FIFA 23 (if you’re using the EA app to install FIFA 23, uninstall it and reinstall it using the Origin app instead).
To run Origin/EA/Steam as admin on Windows 11, right-click Origin/EA/Steam > Run as administrator.
For Windows 10, right-click Origin/EA/Steam > More > Run as administrator.
If all else fails, you need to wait until the EA team fixes the bug.
This can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days.
If all else fails, you can contact EA support here: https://help.ea.com/en/fifa/fifa-23/.
Or send a direct message to EA Help here: https://twitter.com/EAHelp.
Best Defenders in FIFA 23 (CB, LB, RB, LWB, and RWB)
How to Fix “There’s a problem with your game’s setup” in FIFA 23
How to Fix “EA AntiCheat has detected an unacceptable configuration” in FIFA 23