Are you getting this error, “Please start the game from the EA app or Origin” in FIFA 23?
The error message happens when FIFA 23 is not launched on the EA/Origin app.
However, it can happen even though you’re launching it from the official apps.
In this guide, you’ll learn why you’re getting the “Please start the game from the EA app or Origin” error in FIFA 23 and how to fix it.
- Why does FIFA 23 say “Please start the game from the EA app or Origin”?
- How to fix “Please start the game from the EA app or Origin” in FIFA 23
Why does FIFA 23 say “Please start the game from the EA app or Origin”?
FIFA 23 says “Please start the game from the EA app or Origin” because you’re launching the game from another app/file instead of EA or Origin.
The error can also happen even though you’re launching the game in the official apps.
EA is currently investigating the issue and they are working on a fix.
Many users are complaining about it on forums and social media.
“I keep getting this error message even though I’m loading it from Origin. This is the farthest I’ve gotten while trying to play FIFA 23 after countless errors and crashes”.
“It does not work, I have tried every fix and nothing works. EA has taken people’s money and sat back without care!”.
How to fix “Please start the game from the EA app or Origin” in FIFA 23
To fix “Please start the game from the EA app or Origin” in FIFA 23, you need to open the EA or Origin app and launch FIFA 23 there.
You can also try launching EA/Origin as an administrator or repairing/verifying the game files.
Here are 4 methods to fix the error:
- Open the Origin/EA app and launch FIFA 23 there.
- Run Origin/EA/Steam as an administrator.
- Repair/verify the game files (For Origin > Library > right-click FIFA 23 > Repair/For Steam > Library > Right-click FIFA 23 > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files).
- Uninstall and reinstall FIFA 23 (if you’re using the EA app to install FIFA 23, uninstall it and reinstall it using the Origin app instead).
Make sure to close the EA/Origin/Steam app from the task manager (CTRL + ALT + DEL) before you attempt a fix.
It’s recommended that you set these apps to automatically run as an administrator in their compatibility settings.
If all else fails, you need to wait until the EA team fixes the bug.
This can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days.
If all else fails, you can contact EA support here: https://help.ea.com/en/fifa/fifa-23/.
Or send a direct message to EA Help here: https://twitter.com/EAHelp.
Best Defenders in FIFA 23 (CB, LB, RB, LWB, and RWB)
How to Fix “Failure during update process” in FIFA 23
How to Fix “There’s a problem with your game’s setup” in FIFA 23