Are you getting a “Game Server Connection Failed… Retrying” error in Overwatch 2?
The error message happens when you’re trying to connect to the game but failed.
Overwatch 2 was released on October 4, 2022.
Since its release, the game has had multiple known issues.
Some of the known issues are server disconnection, cosmetics, items, currency not showing up, and others.
In this guide, you’ll learn why Overwatch 2 says “Game Server Connection Failed” and how to fix it.
- Why does Overwatch 2 say “Game Server Connection Failed”?
- How to Fix “Game Server Connection Failed” in Overwatch 2
Why does Overwatch 2 say “Game Server Connection Failed”?
Overwatch 2 says “Game Server Connection Failed” because the region that you’re trying to play in is full.
Otherwise, there is an issue with your internet connection or the game’s servers.
For example, if you’re playing in the “Americas” region, you might not be able to connect to the game.
This is because “Americas” is the most popular region and it’s more likely to be full.
To make matters worse, Overwatch 2 is experiencing a DDoS attack that they are trying to defend against (as of early October).
Hence, many users are complaining about connection issues.
“Overwatch 2 is awesome! I’ve already played 5 rounds of “game server connection failed”. Such a good mode”.
“My Overwatch 2 experience is just a cycle of “Searching for game server” and then “Game server connection failed… retrying” and it’s making me sad”.
“I wish I could join but all I get are error messages”.
How to fix “Game Server Connection Failed” in Overwatch 2
To fix “Game Server Connection Failed” in Overwatch 2, you need to change your region to a less crowded one.
You can also try using Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi or contacting Blizzard support.
Fix 1: Change your region
- Exit Overwatch 2.
- Launch Battle.net and select “Overwatch 2”.
- Click on the globe icon.
- Change your region to another one (e.g. from the Americas to Asia).
- Launch Overwatch 2.
Fix 2: Use Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi
Instead of using Wi-Fi, you can use an Ethernet cable.
If you have an Ethernet cable, plug it into the wall and into your PC.
An Ethernet connection is typically more stable than Wi-Fi.
Hence, you’ll experience lesser connection and disconnection issues.
Fix 3: Contact Blizzard support
- Go to https://us.battle.net/support/en/games/overwatch.
- Select the “Technical” option.
- Click on the “Contact Support” button.
- Include a description of your issue.
- Select “I still need help”.
- Select “Technical” > Your platform > Can’t connect > Contact Us.
- Log in to your Battle.net account to submit a web ticket.