To fix the game_ship.exe error in MW2 or Warzone 2.0, you need to disable overlays like the Steam overlay or the Nvidia GeForce Experience overlay.
You can also try updating your graphics card, allowing the game in your antivirus or Firewall, or repairing/verifying the game files.
Warzone 2.0 is a large, free-to-play combat arena with a brand-new map called AL Mazrah.
Team up with your friends and fight in a battleground in the city and rural outskirts.
Loot supply boxes for rewards and finish contracts to develop your arsenal and get a tactical advantage.
There’s a new sandbox objective-based mode where you can choose your own experience and get gear to keep in your inventory.
If you purchase the Vault Edition of MW2, you’ll get the Red Team 141 Operator Pack, FJX Cinder Weapon Vault, Battle Pass, and 50 Tier Skips*.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix the executable game_ship.exe or game_steam_ship.exe error in MW2 or Warzone 2.0.
- Fix 1: Update your graphics card
- Fix 2: Run MW2/Warzone 2.0 as an administrator
- Fix 3: Allow MW2/Warzone 2.0 in your antivirus
- Fix 4: Disable overlays and troubleshoot
- Fix 5: Repair/verify the game files
- Fix 6: Update Windows to the latest version
Fix 1: Update your graphics card
- For Nvidia: Visit https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/download/ > Download Now > open the app > sign up or log in > Drivers > Download.
- For AMD: Visit https://www.amd.com/en/support > Download > open the app > follow the on-screen instructions to update your graphics card.
Fix 2: Run MW2/Warzone 2.0 as an administrator
- Navigate to your Steam library.
- Right-click MW2/Warzone 2.0 > Properties > Local Files > Browse.
- Right-click the MW2/Warzone 2.0 app > Properties > Compatibility > Run this program as an administrator > Enable > OK > Launch the game.
Fix 3: Allow MW2/Warzone 2.0 in your antivirus
- Open the Windows settings > Privacy & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Manage ransomware protection > Allow an app through Controlled folder access > Add an allowed app > Browse all apps > select the MW2/Warzone 2.0 app (also add other MW2/Warzone apps, Steam, Battle.net, etc.) > Open.
- Open the Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall > Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall > Change settings > Allow another app… > Browse… > select the MW2/Warzone 2.0 app (also add other MW2/Warzone apps, Steam, Battle.net, etc.) > Add.
- Turn off Real-time protection: Open the Windows settings > Privacy & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Manage settings > Real-time protection > Off.
Fix 4: Disable overlays and troubleshoot
- Navigate to your Steam library > right-click MW2/Warzone 2.0 > Properties > Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game > Disable.
- Open Nvidia GeForce Experience > Settings > General > In-Game Overlay > Disable.
- Open Steam > Steam > Settings > Downloads > Clear Download Cache.
- Unplug the Logitech or Thrustmaster racing wheel.
- End the task for Razer Synapse or MSI Dragon Center.
- Close all of your tabs to free up RAM and relaunch the game.
Fix 5: Repair/verify the game files
- Navigate to your Steam library.
- Right-click MW2/Warzone 2.0 > Properties > Local Files.
- Click on “Verify integrity of game files”.
- Launch Warzone 2.0.
- Open Battle.net.
- Select “MW2/Warzone 2.0”.
- Options > Scan and Repair > Begin Scan.
Fix 6: Update Windows to the latest version
- Search for “Check for updates” using Windows Search.
- Update Windows to the latest version.
- Launch MW2/Warzone 2.0.
How to Fix Spider-Man Miles Morales Crashing, Not Launching, or Freezing
How to Fix Lag, Stuttering, or FPS drops in Warzone 2
How to Fix Lag, Stuttering, or FPS drops in Modern Warfare 2