Is Warzone 2.0 lagging, stuttering, or having FPS drops?
Are you having lag spikes while playing the game?
Warzone 2.0 is a large, free-to-play combat arena with a brand-new map called AL Mazrah.
Team up with your friends and fight in a battleground in the city and rural outskirts.
Loot supply boxes for rewards and finish contracts to develop your arsenal and get a tactical advantage.
There’s a new sandbox objective-based mode where you can choose your own experience and get gear to keep in your inventory.
If you purchase the Vault Edition of MW2, you’ll get the Red Team 141 Operator Pack, FJX Cinder Weapon Vault, Battle Pass, and 50 Tier Skips*.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix lag, stuttering, or FPS drops in Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0.
Why is Warzone 2 lagging or stuttering?
Warzone 2 is lagging or stuttering either because your graphics card is outdated or your video/graphics settings are too high.
An outdated graphics card cannot support the game while high video settings will decrease the game’s performance.
If there are too many players playing the game at the same time, the servers might be overloaded which can cause lag spikes.
Many players are complaining that Warzone 2.0 is lagging.
“Does Warzone 2 lag for anyone else or is it just on my end?”.
“Is anyone else getting Warzone 2.0 lag on Xbox? It’s almost unplayable for me”.
“Bruh, Warzone 2 is actually unplayable right now. The lag is insane. Please fix it @CallofDuty”.
How to fix lag in Warzone 2
To fix lag in Warzone 2, you need to update your graphics card, lower your display settings, and lower your quality settings.
You can also try closing all of your tabs and deleting temporary files.
Keep in mind that Warzone 2 has a high minimum requirement for PC.
The game requires a minimum processor of Intel® Core™ i3-6100 or Core™ i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen™ 3 1200.
In addition, your GPU needs to be at least an NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960 or AMD Radeon™ RX 470 – DirectX 12.0 compatible system.
If you don’t meet the minimum requirements, you’ll encounter a lot of issues while you’re in-game.
Fix 1: Update your graphics card
- For Nvidia: Go to https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/download/ > Download Now > open the app > sign up or log in > Drivers > Download.
- For AMD: Go to https://www.amd.com/en/support > Download > open the app > follow the on-screen instructions to update your GPU.
- For Intel: Go to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download-center/home.html > Get Started > Download now > follow the on-screen instructions to update your graphics card.
Fix 2: Lower the display settings
- Display mode: Fullscreen borderless
- Display monitor: Default
- Display adapter: Default
- Dynamic resolution: Off
- Aspect ratio: Automatic
- V-sync (gameplay): Off
- V-sync (menus): Off
- Custom frame rate limit: Custom
- Gameplay custom frame rate limit: 60 (for low-end PCs) and 120+ (for high-end PCs).
- Menu custom frame rate limit: 60 (recommended).
- Out-of-focus custom frame rate limit: 30 (recommended)
- Display gamma: 2.2
- Brightness: Default
- Constrain mouse to game window: Off
- Focused mode: Off
- High dynamic range (HDR): Off
Fix 3: Lower the quality settings
- Quality presets: Recommended
- Render resolution: 100
- Upscaling / Sharpening: Default
- Upscaling / Sharpening preset: Performance (for low-end PCs) or Quality (for high-end PCs).
- Anti-aliasing: Default
- Anti-aliasing quality: Normal
- Video memory scale: Default
- All Details & Textures (Texture resolution, Texture filter anisotropic, Nearby level of detail, etc.): Low (for low-end PCs)
- On-demand texture streaming: Off
- All Shadow & Lighting (Shadow map resolution, screen space shadows, spot shadow quality, etc.): Low (for low-end PCs).
- Post-processing effect (Depth of field, World motion blur, weapon motion blur): Off.
Fix 4: Close all of your tabs
- Close all of your current tabs before launching the game (e.g. Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Firefox).
- If you have too many tabs or background processes running, your PC’s RAM might be overloaded which can cause Warzone 2.0 to lag or stutter.
Fix 5: Delete temporary files
- Search for %temp% using the Windows search bar.
- Press CTRL + A on your keyboard.
- Right-click a file.
- Select “Delete”.
- Select “Yes”.
How to Fix Lag, Stuttering, or FPS drops in Modern Warfare 2
How to Fix Lag, Stuttering, or FPS drops in Overwatch 2