Discord has released a new Soundboard function for servers that have voice channels.
The feature enables users to play brief audio snippets that can be heard by all members in a voice channel.
To use the Soundboard feature, users need to join a voice channel, click on the Soundboard icon, and select an audio clip to play.
Unfortunately, some users have reported that the feature is not available to them.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to get and use the Discord Soundboard feature on your server in a voice channel.
What is the Discord Soundboard?
The Discord Soundboard is a new feature for voice channels on Discord servers.
It contains short audio clips that users can play for everyone to hear.
The default Discord sounds are “quack”, “airhorn”, “cricket”, “golf clap”, “sad horn”, and “ba dum tss”.
Users can access the Soundboard by joining a voice channel, selecting the Soundboard icon, and selecting an audio clip.
If you’re the owner of the server, you can add custom sounds for people to use.
How to get Discord Soundboard
To get the Discord Soundboard, you need to create a Discord server and join a voice channel.
After you’ve joined a voice channel, select the Soundboard icon, and select an audio clip to play it.
If you already have a Discord server, you need to disable the community feature to get access to the Soundboard.
Your server also needs to have fewer than 50 members.
Get the Discord Soundboard on an existing server
- Disable the community feature: Open the desktop version of Discord > Navigate to your server > right-click your server’s name > Server Settings > Community > Overview > Disable Community.
- Have less than 50 members: Open the desktop version of Discord > Navigate to your server > Right-click an inactive user on the right sidebar > Kick (keep kicking users until your server has fewer than 50 members).
After you’ve met the requirements above, join a voice channel, select the Soundboard icon, and select an audio clip to play it.
Get the Discord Soundboard on a new server
- Open the desktop version of Discord.
- Select the “+” icon to add a new server.
- Select a template and tell Discord more about your server.
- Choose a server name and select “Create”.
- Join a voice channel, select the Soundboard icon, and select an audio clip to play it.
Tip: You can add custom sounds to your server by selecting the Soundboard icon and selecting “Add Sound”.