Are you getting a “Hueneme-Concord” error in Modern Warfare 2?
Here’s the full error message, “Connection Failed. Networking is offline [Reason: HEUNEME – CONCORD]”.
If you select “Retry”, your connection will still fail and the only option is to play in offline mode.
Since its release, the game has had multiple known issues.
Some of the known issues are the campaign mode not saving, crashes, error codes, and more.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix the Hueneme Concord error/reason in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (MW2) on PS4, PS5, Xbox, or PC.
What is the Hueneme Concord error in MW2?
The Hueneme Concord error in MW2 means that you’re unable to connect to the game.
As a result, networking will be offline and you can either retry or play in offline mode.
This can happen because the MW2 servers are down/overloaded or your internet connection is poor or inactive.
Many players are tweeting about the error message on Twitter.
“I can’t even connect to the game. I keep getting the Hueneme Concord error. I tried different connections and cleared the cache but I still can’t play”.
“Anyone else got this connection error bug in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2?”.
“Can you fix your servers? I paid $100 for the Vault Edition only to be stuck behind HUENEME – CONCORD”.
How to fix Hueneme Concord in Modern Warfare 2
To fix Hueneme Concord in Modern Warfare 2 for PC, you need to connect to a VPN or clear Steam’s cache.
For Xbox, PS4, or PS5, you need to clear your console’s cache by performing a full shutdown (Xbox) or rebuilding your database (PS4/PS5).
- Download a free VPN like ProtonVPN and connect to a VPN.
- If you’re using Steam, go to Steam > Settings > Downloads > Clear Download Cache.
- Press the Xbox button > Profile > Settings > General > Sleep mode & startup > Full shutdown > Shut down > unplug the power cable for 30 seconds (next to the HDMI port) > plug the power cable back in > turn on your console.
- Xbox network settings > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address > Clear.
- Turn off your console > press and hold the power button until you hear two beeps (the second beep comes 7 seconds after the first beep) > select “Rebuild database/Clear cache and rebuild database”.
Note: None of your in-game progress or data will be lost—this only clears unnecessary files.
How to Fix the Niamey-Lee Error in Modern Warfare 2
How to Fix Showcase Operator Not Working in Modern Warfare 2