Is Instagram crashing after every 30 seconds or 1 minute?
Does Instagram keep crashing when you try to post something or view a story?
This issue is periodically faced by both iOS and Android users.
The app is unusable because it crashes less than a minute after you open it.
Some users also mentioned that their phones will heat up after opening the app.
In this guide, you’ll learn why Instagram keeps crashing (after 30 seconds) on iPhone and Android devices and how to fix it.
Why does Instagram keep crashing?
Instagram keeps crashing because there is most likely an issue with the latest update.
Otherwise, Instagram is down and you need to wait for it to be back up.
Instagram is frequently down, so it’s not surprising that it’s down right now.
To check, go to downdetector.com and search for “Instagram”.
If there’s a spike in the number of reports, it means that the app is probably down.
You can also go to Twitter and search for “Instagram crashing” or “Instagram down”.
Check the top and latest tweets to see if there are people tweeting about it.
“Anyone else’s instagram just randomly crash after 30 seconds of using the app?” (2.7k likes, 130 comments).
“Does anyone else have an issue where @instagram is constantly crashing? It’s been happening for two days now. No update available”.
“Is there any issue with @instagram on iOS? It automatically shuts down after few seconds. #instagramdown”.
How to fix Instagram crashing
To fix Instagram crashing, you need to update the app as soon as an update is released.
You can also uninstall and reinstall the app to update it to the latest version and its cache will also be cleared.
If you’re experiencing crashes on an Android device, you can download an older version of Instagram from Uptodown.
If all else fails, you need to wait for 24 to 48 hours or more and the issue will fix itself.
Fix 1: Update the app
- Open the App Store or Google Play Store and search for “Instagram”.
- If there’s an update, tap on the “Update” button to update the app to the latest version.
- Most updates contain bug fixes and performance improvements, which will fix in-app issues.
- If there’s no update, you need to wait for one to be released.
- You can also uninstall and reinstall Instagram to update it to the latest version and clear its cache.
Fix 2: Download an older version of Instagram
- If you’re using an Android device, you can download an older version of Instagram that does not have the crashing issue.
- To download an older version of Instagram, go to https://instagram.en.uptodown.com/android/versions.
- Once you’re on the website, select an older version of the app to download it.
- Do note that this method does not work for iOS devices.
Fix 3: Wait for 24 to 48 hours
- Check if Instagram is down on downdetector.com or Twitter.
- Most issues on the Instagram app will fix itself within 24 to 48 hours.
- If Instagram is constantly crashing, it might be a server issue or a bug caused by the latest update.
- Once Instagram fixes the issue on their end, an update will be released, and the crashes will stop after you’ve updated the app.
- If there is no update and the app stops crashing, it means that a server-side fix is done.