Are you getting an error code 6296 on Instagram?
Here’s the full error message, “Oops, something went wrong”.
Followed by, “Please try again later. Error code: 6296”.
A user in the Official Apple Support Community was the first to report about it.
The error message can happen on both Android and iOS devices.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix error code 6296 on Instagram on Android and iOS devices.
What is error code 6296 on Instagram?
Error code 6296 on Instagram occurs when you try to open the app.
The error code is a white screen that says “Oops, something went wrong”.
It can happen if Instagram is down or because of a bug/glitch on the app.
Before you try to fix the error, check if Instagram is down by visiting downdetector.com/status/instagram.
If Instagram is down, you need to wait for a few hours and the error should be lifted.
How to fix Instagram error code 6296
To fix Instagram error code 6296 for Android devices, you can try downloading Instagram Lite or an older version of Instagram.
For iOS devices, you can try updating Instagram or reloading the app.
Fix 1: Download Instagram Lite (Android only)
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Search for “Instagram Lite”.
- Download Instagram Lite.
- Open Instagram Lite.
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Check if the error code 6296 is fixed.
Fix 2: Download an older version of Instagram (Android only)
- Delete the Instagram app from your device.
- Go to https://instagram.en.uptodown.com/android.
- Select “Older versions” and install an older version of Instagram.
- Open your direct messages and check if the error code 6296 is fixed.
Fix 3: Other troubleshooting methods (Android and iOS)
If you still can’t see the “Typing” indicator on Instagram, try these troubleshooting methods:
- Update Instagram: Open the App Store/Google Play Store, search for “Instagram”, and select “Update”.
- Force exit and reopen: Swipe up from the bottom of your screen, navigate to the Instagram card, swipe up, and reopen Instagram.
- Clear Instagram’s cache: Force exit Instagram > open the Settings app > Apps > Instagram > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data > reopen Instagram (no, this will not delete your posts).
- Log out and log in: Open the Instagram app > Profile > Menu > Settings > Log out > Log back in.
- Uninstall and reinstall: Tap and hold the Instagram app, delete it, and reinstall it from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Wait it out: If Instagram is down, you need to wait for a few hours for the server-side issue(s) to be fixed.