Instagram Reels allow you to record multi-clip videos with effects, audio, and other tools.
Your Reels will be visible on your followers’ feed and available in the Reels and Explore tab.
With Reels, you can select an AR effect, set a timer, change the speed, add an audio, and more.
You can add a song from the Instagram music library or use your own original audio.
However, some users reported that the audio is not available after some time.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix “The audio track in your reel is no longer available” on Instagram.
- Why is the audio track in my reel not available on Instagram?
- How to fix “The audio track in your reel is no longer available” on Instagram
Why is the audio track in my reel not available on Instagram?
The audio track in your reel is not available on Instagram most likely because of a bug/glitch.
It can also mean that the agreements with the music rights holder has changed.
A lot of Instagram users on forums and Twitter/X claimed that their audio has been removed.
You’ll be given an option to replace the audio, but it might be out of sync with your video.
Here’s the full error message, “You can replace the audio track one time, which will also remove any original audio in your reel”.
Followed by, “You won’t be able to undo this action”.
How to fix “The audio track in your reel is no longer available” on Instagram
To fix “The audio track in your reel is no longer available” on Instagram, you need to wait for a few days and the audio will be back.
If you don’t want to wait, you can replace the audio with another one that is not copyrighted.
Fix 1: Wait for a few days
- Many users from forums said that their audio came back after a few days.
- If your audio track in your reel is muted, it’s most likely caused by a bug/glitch.
- Your audio will be automatically unmuted after a few days—you don’t have to do anything.
Source: Reddit, Twitter/X.
Fix 2: Replace the audio
- Tap “Replace audio” from the muted reel.
- Select the audio that you want to use.
- Select the part of the audio you want.
- Tap on “Done” twice to confirm the audio.
Source: What audio you can use in your reel on Instagram (Instagram Help Center).