Are you getting an “Instagram” failed to start several times error?
Here’s the second part of the error, “Restore it by clearing history?”.
If you tap on “Clear Immediately”, the error might still persist.
It happens on Android devices like Oppo, Samsung, Huawei, and others.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix “Instagram failed to start several times. Restore it by clearing history?” on Android.
Why did Instagram fail to start?
Instagram failed to start because of a bug that’s most likely caused by the latest update.
Instagram frequently has updates that introduce new features and contain improvements.
However, some updates might contain bugs and glitches.
These bugs and glitches will usually be fixed in a follow-up update.
If the app fails to start, you can check if Instagram is down by going to downdetector.com/status/instagram.
You can also search for the issue on Twitter and check the top and latest tweets.
How to fix Instagram failed to start several times
To fix Instagram failed to start several times, you can download Instagram Lite from the Google Play Store.
Alternatively, you can download an older version of Instagram (APK) from a third-party website.
Otherwise, you need to wait until an update is released that fixes the crashes.
Fix 1: Download Instagram Lite
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Search for “Instagram Lite”.
- Download Instagram Lite.
- Open Instagram Lite.
- Log in to your Instagram account.
Fix 2: Download an older version of Instagram
- Delete the Instagram app from your device.
- Go to https://instagram.en.uptodown.com/android.
- Select “Older versions” and install an older version of Instagram.
- Open Instagram and the “Instagram failed to start several times” error should be fixed.
Fix 3: Other troubleshooting methods
If the “Instagram failed to start several times. Restore it by clearing history?” error is still not fixed, try these troubleshooting methods:
- Update Instagram: Open the App Store/Google Play Store, search for “Instagram”, and select “Update”.
- Force exit and reopen: Swipe up from the bottom of your screen, navigate to the Instagram card, and swipe up.
- Uninstall and reinstall: Tap and hold the Instagram app, delete it, and reinstall it from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Log out and log in: Open the Instagram app > Profile > Menu > Settings > Log out > Log back in.
- Clear Instagram’s cache: Force exit Instagram > open the Settings app > Apps > Instagram > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data > re-open Instagram.
- Wait it out: If Instagram is down, you need to wait for a few hours for the server-side issue(s) to be fixed.
How to Fix “Page isn’t available at the moment” on Instagram
How to Fix Instagram Copy Link Option Not Showing