Did Instagram remove the link in your bio?
Did your link disappear from your Instagram profile?
If so, you might not be able to add it back.
The Instagram app has many bugs and glitches.
Some of them can be caused by the latest update.
If that’s the case, there’s nothing that you can do to fix it except wait.
In this guide, you’ll learn why Instagram removed the link in your bio, why its gone or disappeared, and how to fix it.
Why did Instagram remove my link in bio?
Instagram removed the link in your bio because it links to adult or inappropriate content.
Otherwise, there is an ongoing bug/glitch on the app that needs to be fixed.
As of late October, many users’ links are removed from their Instagram bio.
This is a global issue that’s caused by Instagram’s end.
Many users went to Twitter to complain that their links have been removed.
“Is anyone having issues with their link on Instagram? My link has been removed from my bio on my main account, and on my back up it has reverted to an old link that doesn’t even work anymore”.
“Instagram is driving me crazy today. They’ve removed the link from the bio on my page, and now I am unable to put it back. I am so pissed. Please let me know if there is anything that could be done”.
“So Instagram removed my link from my art account and I can’t add it back. On LBX Expo weekend of all times…”.
How to fix Instagram removed my link in bio
To fix Instagram removed the link in your bio, you need to use a tool like Linktree and add it to your bio.
If it’s an ongoing bug/glitch, you can try to download an older version of Instagram (for Android users).
Otherwise, you need to wait until Instagram fixes the feature on their end because it’s not working as intended.
You can check if others are facing the same issue by searching for it on Twitter.
If there are, it means that Instagram is down or some features are not working.
If that’s the case, Instagram will release a follow-up update to fix the issues.
- If you’ve added an “inappropriate” or “adult” link to Instagram, use a tool like Linktree to bypass the block.
- As of late October, Instagram “removed” the links from thousands of bios.
- Many users reported that their bio links were removed and they can’t add them back.
- One way to fix this is to download an older version of Instagram from UptoDown: https://instagram.en.uptodown.com/android/versions (for Android users only).
- You need to wait until Instagram fixes the link feature on their end.
- You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if it fixes the issue (this will clear Instagram’s cache and you’ll have to log in again).
Instagram is under fire for the lack of support and constant bugs on the app.
They’ve failed to address their users’ concerns over and over again.
The removal of the link in your bio is just one of many flaws.
For now, you need to wait until the feature is fixed by Instagram because the issue is not caused on your end.
In the meantime, you can use the “Link” sticker in your stories to promote your website or service.
How to Fix Link in Bio Not Working on Instagram
How to Fix “Add external link” Not Working on Instagram