Is the link in your bio not working on Instagram?
Did Instagram remove the link in your bio or it’s gone?
If so, you won’t be able to add the link back to your bio.
The Instagram app has many bugs and glitches.
Some of them can be caused by the latest update.
If that’s the case, there’s nothing that you can do to fix it except wait.
In this guide, you’ll learn why is your link in bio not working or showing on Instagram and how to fix it.
Why is my link in bio not working on Instagram?
The link in bio is not working on Instagram because there’s an ongoing bug/glitch on the app.
As of late October, many users are not able to add a link to their Instagram bio.
Apparently, it’s a global issue, and it’s caused by Instagram’s end.
Many users went to Twitter to complain that they are unable to add a link to their Instagram bio.
“Instagrams “Link In Bio” Is down and not working for some individuals/businesses #Instagram“.
“Is anyone having issues adding an external link to their @instagram account? It literally won’t let me add my website to my bio on my business page and it’s pissing me off”.
“Somehow my #linktree link on @instagram disappeared. I don’t have the usual “website” feature on my phone anymore. It says “add external link” but I can’t put my linktree because it just fails. Does anyone else have that problem? #instagram”.
How to fix link in bio not working on Instagram
To fix the link in bio not working on Instagram, you need to download an older version of Instagram (for Android users).
Otherwise, you need to wait until Instagram fixes the feature on their end because it’s not working as intended.
You can check if others are facing the same issue by searching for it on Twitter.
If there are, it means that Instagram is down or some features are not working.
If that’s the case, Instagram will release a follow-up update to fix the issues.
- As of late October, the “link in bio” feature is not working for thousands of users.
- Many users reported that their links were removed from their bio and they aren’t able to add them back.
- A way to fix this is to download an older version of Instagram from UptoDown: https://instagram.en.uptodown.com/android/versions (for Android users only).
- If you’re using an iOS device, you need to wait until Instagram fixes the link feature on their end.
- You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if it fixes the issue (this will clear Instagram’s cache and you’ll have to log in again).
Instagram is under fire for the lack of support and constant bugs on the app.
They’ve failed to address their users’ concerns over and over again.
The inability to add a link to your bio is just one of many flaws.
For now, you need to wait until the feature is fixed by Instagram because the issue is not caused on your end.
In the meantime, you can use the “Link” sticker in your stories to promote your website or service.