Is Callisto Protocol lagging, stuttering, or having FPS drops?
Are you having lag spikes while playing the game?
Callisto Protocol is a story-driven, survival horror game that’s 300 years in the future.
You’re thrown into the Black Iron Prison as Jacob Lee and you have to survive.
Inmates are transformed into creatures and the prison is sent into chaos.
You need to defend yourself using weapons, gear, and abilities.
Escape the prison while uncovering its dark secrets under Callisto.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix lag, stuttering, or FPS drops in Callisto Protocol.
Why is Callisto Protocol lagging or stuttering?
Callisto Protocol is lagging or stuttering either because your graphics card is outdated or your video/graphics settings are too high.
Decreased performance can also be caused because you’re using Direct X 12 instead of Direct X 11.
An outdated graphics card cannot support the game while high video settings will decrease the game’s performance.
If there are too many players playing the game at the same time, the servers might be overloaded which can cause lag spikes.
Many players are complaining that Callisto Protocol is lagging in its reviews.
How to fix lag in Callisto Protocol
To fix lag in Callisto Protocol, you need to update your graphics card, use Direct X 11, or add a line of code in the Engine.ini file.
You can also try closing all of your tabs and deleting temporary files.
Keep in mind that Callisto Protocol has a high minimum requirement for PC.
The game requires a minimum processor of Intel® Core™ i5-8400 or AMD Ryzen™ 5 2600.
In addition, your GPU needs to be at least an NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon™ RX 580.
If you don’t meet the minimum requirements, you’ll encounter a lot of issues while you’re in-game.
Fix 1: Update your graphics card
- For Nvidia: Go to https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/download/ > Download Now > open the app > sign up or log in > Drivers > Download.
- For AMD: Go to https://www.amd.com/en/support > Download > open the app > follow the on-screen instructions to update your GPU.
- For Intel: Go to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download-center/home.html > Get Started > Download now > follow the on-screen instructions to update your graphics card.
Fix 2: Use Direct X 11
- Open the main menu of the game.
- Options > Graphics > General.
- Set Direct X to 11.
Fix 3: Add a line of code in the Engine.ini file
- Go to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\CallistoProtocol\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor.
- Right-click the Engine.ini file and open it with Notepad.
- Add this line of code at the second last line:
- Save the file and launch the game.
Fix 4: Close all of your tabs
- Close all of your current tabs before launching the game (e.g. Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Firefox).
- If you have too many tabs or background processes running, your PC’s RAM might be overloaded which can cause Warzone 2.0 to lag or stutter.
Fix 5: Delete temporary files
- Search for %temp% using the Windows search bar.
- Press CTRL + A on your keyboard.
- Right-click a file.
- Select “Delete”.
- Select “Yes”.
How to Fix Lag, Stuttering, or FPS drops in Warzone 2
How to Fix Lag, Stuttering, or FPS drops in Modern Warfare 2