Is Discord or BetterDiscord crashing whenever you open it?
Does the “Looks like Discord has crashed unexpectedly” error pop up when you open your settings?
Here’s the second part of the error, “We’ve tracked the error and will get right on it”.
The error message happens when you’re using Discord or BetterDiscord on a computer.
It can also happen because you’ve updated Discord, BetterDiscord, or its plugins.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix the “Looks like Discord has crashed unexpectedly. We’ve tracked the error” on Discord or BetterDiscord.
Why did Discord crash unexpectedly?
Discord says “Looks like Discord has crashed unexpectedly” because an error has caused the app to crash.
The error can be caused by the latest Discord update.
Similarly, if you’re using BetterDiscord, the error message can be caused because you’ve recently updated it.
It can also be caused if you’ve added a new plugin to BetterDiscord or updated an existing one.
This is because some plugins may be conflicting with BetterDiscord.
Common plugins that cause it to crash are “0BDFBD” and “ZeresPluginLibrary”.
When Discord crashes, you’ll only be given the option to reload it.
However, this can cause a crashing loop and Discord will never start.
How to Fix “Looks like Discord has crashed unexpectedly”
To fix “Looks like Discord has crashed unexpectedly” on Discord, you need to completely uninstall and reinstall Discord.
This will replace corrupted files that are related to Discord.
You can also try downloading Discord from the Microsoft Store.
If you don’t have BetterDiscord, try downloading and using it.
If you already have BetterDiscord, try deleting some or all of its plugins.
Fix 1: Completely uninstall and reinstall Discord
- Open the Task Manager (CTRL + ALT+ DEL) > Processes > Discord > End Task.
- Search for “%temp%” using Windows Search > delete all of the files/folders inside it.
- Search for “%appdata%” using Windows Search > right-click Discord > delete.
- Search for “%localappdata% using Windows Search > right-click > delete.
- Visit https://discord.com/, download Discord, and open it.
Fix 2: Download Discord from the Microsoft Store
- Launch the Microsoft Store.
- Search for “Discord”.
- Click on the “Install” button.
- Open Discord.
Fix 3: Download BetterDiscord
Note: If you already have BetterDiscord, you can skip this method.
- Visit https://betterdiscord.app/.
- Click on the download button and run the installer.
- Accept the license agreement.
- Select “Install BetterDiscord”.
- Select “Discord” followed by “Install”.
- Open BetterDiscord.
Fix 4: Delete BetterDiscord’s plugins (if you’re using BetterDiscord)
- Search for “%appdata%” using Windows Search > open “betterdiscord” > open “plugins”.
- Remove unwanted/corrupted/outdated plugins (e.g., 0BDFBD, ZeresPluginLibrary).
- Visit https://betterdiscord.app/ > download > run the installer.
- Accept the license agreement > Repair BetterDiscord > Discord > Repair > Yes > Ok.
- Open the Task Manager (CTRL + ALT+ DEL) > Processes > Discord > End Task > Open Discord.
Note: If you’re not sure what plugins to delete, delete everything in the folder (make sure to make a backup of it first).