Are you getting a “McUICnt.exe Entry Point Not Found” in McAfee antivirus?
Here’s the second part of the error message, “The procedure entry point BCryptHash could not be located”.
Followed by, “In the dynamic link library bcrypt.dll”.
The error message happens if you update the McAfee antivirus program or the Live Safe app.
Here’s an example of where the error message can appear, “C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee Security Scan\4.1.321\SecurityScanner.dll”.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix McUICnt.exe Entry Point Not Found in McAfee antivirus.
What does “Entry point not found” mean in McAfee?
Entry point not found is an error message that occurs when launching McAfee.
It can also happen after you’ve updated the McAfee Antivirus program or the Live Safe app.
The program is trying to access a specific file that is missing in the Windows dynamic link library (DLL files).
This can be due to corrupted files, incompatible drivers, or outdated software.
How to fix McUICnt.exe Entry Point Not Found
To fix McUICnt.exe Entry Point Not Found, you need to download the latest version of DirectX and Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.
After that, you need to uninstall McAfee using the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool and reinstall it on the website.
Step 1: Download DirectX and Visual C++
- Download the latest version of DirectX: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35.
- Download the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170 (download the X64 version).
Step 2: Uninstall and reinstall McAfee
- Go to https://www.mcafee.com/support/?articleId=TS101331&page=shell&shell=article-view.
- Expand “Option 2 — Remove using the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool (MCPR)”.
- Click on the “MCPR tool” link > Open > Next > Agree > Next > Security Validation > Next > Restart.
- Go to https://www.mcafee.com/ > Sign In > Downloads & devices > Download > Agree and download.