Are you getting a “The application encountered an unrecoverable error” error in Roblox?
Here’s the second part of the error, “Click ‘OK’ to create a memory dump”.
Followed by, “Then please share it on our support site”.
The error message typically happens when you try to play Roblox using your main account.
The game will then start updating and you’ll get the error message.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix “The application encountered an unrecoverable error” in Roblox.
- Why did Roblox encounter an unrecoverable error?
- How to fix “The application encountered an unrecoverable error” in Roblox
Why did Roblox encounter an unrecoverable error?
Roblox encountered an unrecoverable error because of the latest Byfron update.
The update introduced an anti-cheat and security solution to the game.
This includes server-side and client-side anti-cheat, alternate account detection, and tools to combat cheaters.
Byfron technology allows Roblox to improve security and protect the competitive landscape.
Unfortunately, the update has caused issues with the Roblox client.
Some players are unable to play Roblox with their main account but are able to with their alternate account.
The Roblox team is aware of this issue and is actively working on a fix.
How to fix “The application encountered an unrecoverable error” in Roblox
To fix “The application encountered an unrecoverable error” in Roblox, you can try to log in to your alternate account followed by your main account.
You can also try uninstalling Roblox and installing it from the Microsoft Store.
Otherwise, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling Roblox or running the game as an administrator.
Fix 1: Log in to your alt account followed by your main
- Open the Roblox client/app and log in to your alternate account.
- Log out from your alternate account and log in to your main account.
- Try playing a game to see if the error is fixed.
Note: If you don’t have an alternate Roblox account, you need to create one.
Fix 2: Uninstall Roblox and install it from the Microsoft Store
- Using Windows Search, search for “Control Panel”.
- Click on “Uninstall a program”.
- Right-click “Roblox” and click on “Uninstall”.
- Open the Microsoft Store app and install Roblox.
- Launch Roblox, log in to your account, and play a game.
Fix 3: Other troubleshooting methods
- Uninstall and reinstall Roblox: Open the Control Panel > Uninstall a program > Right-click “Roblox” > Uninstall > Go to Roblox.com > Log in to your account > Play a game.
- Run Roblox as an administrator: Search for “Roblox Player” using Windows Search > Right-click “Roblox Player” > Open file location > Right-click “Roblox Player” > Properties > Compatibility > Tick “Run this program as an administrator” > Apply > OK > Launch Roblox > Log in to your account > Play a game.
- Contact Roblox support: Go to https://www.roblox.com/support > Log in to your Roblox account > Fill up the contact form > Submit the form > Wait for a reply.
How to Fix Roblox FPS Unlocker Not Working
How to Fix “Unable to find TaskScheduler” on Roblox FPS Unlocker