Is MutiVersus not working, starting, or crashing on Steam, Xbox, PS4, or PS5?
Even if you have an internet connection, you might not be able to launch the game.
Many users are complaining about these issues on Twitter—mainly the replies to MultiVersus’ tweets.
In this guide, you’ll learn why is MultiVersus not launching, working, starting, or crashing, and how to fix it.
- Why is MultiVersus not launching?
- Fix: MultiVersus not working
- Fix: MultiVersus not starting
- Fix: MultiVersus crashing
Why is MultiVersus not launching?
MultiVersus is not launching because the servers are down or because of a glitch.
Otherwise, you either don’t have an internet connection or your internet speed is too slow.
You can check if the game is down by going to MultiVersus’ Twitter page.
If there’s an issue with the game, they will tweet about it.
Fix: MultiVersus not working
If MultiVersus is not working, you need to first check if the game is down.
You can do so by visiting the MultiVersus official Twitter page.
Solution 1: Check if MultiVersus is down (and wait for it to be back up)
You can check the MultiVersus Twitter page to know if MultiVersus is down.
If it’s a global outage, they will tweet about it.
Otherwise, you’ll have to check the latest replies to their tweets.
If MultiVersus is down, you need to wait for its servers to be back up.
For example, in July, MultiVersus tweeted that they are investigating the log-in issue.
The login issue affected many users and some of them are unable to launch the game.
A few hours after, MultiVersus tweeted that the issue has been fixed for the majority of users.
However, they are still working on a fix for the remaining affected.
Hence, you need to wait patiently for a fix to be released.
Fix: MultiVersus not starting
If MultiVersus is not starting, you need to run the anti-cheat program as an administrator.
You can also try verifying MultiVersus’ game files.
Solution 1: Tick “Run as an administrator” for the anti-cheat program
- Open Steam and go to your Library.
- Right-click MultiVersus > “Properties…”.
- Select “Local Files”.
- Click on “Browse…”.
- Right-click “start_protected_game”.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Tick “Run this program as an administrator”.
After you’ve ticked “Run this program as an administrator”, click on “Apply” followed by “Ok”.
Lastly, launch MultiVersus and it should be able to start.
Solution 2: Verify MultiVersus’ game files
- Open Steam and go to your library.
- Right-click “MultiVersus”.
- Click on “Properties…”.
- Select “Local Files”.
- Click on “Verify integrity of game files…”.
After you’ve clicked on “Verify integrity of game files…”, wait for the process to complete.
Once the verification is complete, try launching MultiVersus and see if it works.
Fix: MultiVersus crashing
If MultiVersus is crashing, it’s usually because you have an outdated graphics card.
If you’re unable to start it in online mode, it’s because you set your age to under 18 years old.
Solution 1: Update your graphics card
- Download the GeForce experience app: https://www.nvidia.com/en-sg/geforce/geforce-experience/download/ (for Nvidia graphics cards).
- Sign in or create a new Nvidia account.
- Click on “Drivers” > “Check for updates”.
- Click on “Download” to update your graphics card.
If you’re using an AMD graphics card, you can update your GPU from the app here: https://www.amd.com/en/support.
Solution 2: Delete the “SaveGames” folder
Note: Only do this if you haven’t made much progress in the game!
- Search for “%appdata%” using the Windows search bar.
- Click on “AppData” from the URL field.
- Go to “Local”.
- Scroll down and click on “MultiVersus”.
- Click on “Saved”.
- Delete “SavedGames”.
After you’ve deleted the “SavedGames” folder, try launching MultiVersus again.
If you’re prompted to provide your age, make sure to select “18 years old” or above.
This time, the game should be able to launch after that.