Are you getting an “OpenAI’s services are not available in your country” error in ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is an AI developed by OpenAI that interacts in a conversational manner.
It’s able to answer follow-up questions, reject inappropriate requests, and question assumptions.
It’s a company that develops and promotes advanced AI technology.
The goal of OpenAI is to create safe AI that benefits humanity and to advance AI research.
It was founded by Elon Musk and Sam Altman in 2015 in San Francisco, California.
In this guide, you’ll learn why are OpenAI’s services not available in your country and how to fix it to access ChatGPT.
- Why are OpenAI’s services not available in my country?
- How to fix “OpenAI’s services are not available in your country”
Why are OpenAI’s services not available in my country?
OpenAI’s services are not available in your country because it does not provide API access to some countries.
OpenAI provides API access to many territories, regions, and countries.
However, they do not support all countries in the world yet.
According to their team, geographic diversity and distributed benefits are important to them.
Currently, they are working on adding more locations, so you can revisit ChatGPT in the future if your location does not have access to it.
The supported countries are the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and others.
Most countries in Europe and Asia have access to OpenAI’s services as well.
How to fix “OpenAI’s services are not available in your country”
To fix “OpenAI’s services are not available in your country”, you need to connect to a VPN where OpenAI’s services are available like in the US.
Secondly, you need to provide an email address or temporary email address.
Lastly, you need to verify your phone number using a temporary phone number from the US, Canada, the UK, etc.
Step 1: Connect to a VPN
- If you’re using a mobile device, you can download a free VPN app like VPN – Proxy Unlimited Shield and connect to another country’s VPN (e.g., US, UK, CA).
- If you’re using a computer, you can download a free VPN app like ProtonVPN and connect to another country’s VPN (e.g., US, UK, CA).
Note: After you’ve connected to a VPN, close and reopen ChatGPT and you should be able to access it.
Step 2: Use a temporary email address
- Go to https://chat.openai.com/ and select “Sign up”.
- Enter your email address or use a temporary one from https://temp-mail.org/.
- Select “Continue”, create a password, and select “Continue” again.
- Open your inbox and verify your email address.
- Enter your first name and last name, and select “Continue”.
Step 3: Use a temporary phone number
- To get a temporary phone number, go to anonymsms.com (free), sms-activation-service.com (free), smsnator.online (free), receive-sms.cc (free), or temp-number.org (paid).
- Copy and paste a number from one of the websites above and try sending a code—keep trying until you find a number that is not linked to the maximum number of accounts.
- Enter the code that’s sent to the temporary phone number to start using ChatGPT!
Tip: Keep trying various temporary phone numbers around the web until you find one that’s working.