Is your Overwatch 2 account wiped or lost progress?
Are all of your stats, cosmetics, items, and skins gone?
Overwatch 2 was released on October 4, 2022.
Since its release, the game has had multiple known issues.
Some of the known issues are server disconnection, cosmetics, items, currency not showing up, and others.
In this guide, you’ll learn why your Overwatch 2 account got wiped and how to fix/recover lost progress or stats.
Why did my Overwatch 2 account get wiped?
Your Overwatch 2 account got wiped because you didn’t complete the account merge process or it hasn’t synced yet.
If you’ve already merged your accounts, you need to wait for the items from Overwatch 1 to transfer to Overwatch 2.
According to an Overwatch announcement by Jodie, a community manager, this is taking a long time because the player database is overloaded.
According to a post by a technical forum agent, he said that the issue is currently being investigated.
Many players are complaining about the issue on the Blizzard forum.
“5/6 years of playing overwatch are just all gone? Luckily I got in the game, but I have to do everything all over again. Every hero is locked and I don’t have any of my old cosmetics. Send help”.
“This same thing happened to me, I didn’t have an account merge option. I get logged in, but only my PC account shows and not my PS4 account, and everything is gone. They should have left it exactly how it was for the beta cause everything was there and everything transferred fine”.
How to fix Overwatch 2 account wiped or lost progress
To fix Overwatch 2 account wiped or lost progress, you need to link your console account to Battle.net and wait for your items to sync (this can take a long time due to server issues).
If you have incorrectly locked heroes or items, you need to open a support ticket on Battle.net.
Fix 1: Link your console account to Battle.net
- Log in to Overwatch from your console account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to scan a QR Code on your mobile phone.
- Enter the code displayed on your console to connect to or create your Blizzard Battle.net Account.
- You’ll be prompted to confirm your account in the next game login to merge your accounts.
Source: Account Mege FAQ.
Fix 2: Wait for your items to transfer over
- Blizzard mentioned that the player database is overloaded, which will take a longer time for your Overwatch items to transfer over to Overwatch 2.
- They are currently investigating the issue and are deploying a client-side fix in the next few weeks.
- No player data has been wiped or lost.
Source: Overwatch 2 Launch Status Update.
Fix 3: Open a support ticket
- Go to https://us.battle.net/support/en/games/overwatch.
- Select the “Technical” option.
- Click on the “Contact Support” button.
- Include a description of your issue.
- Select “I still need help”.
- Select “Technical” > Your platform > Can’t connect > Contact Us.
- Log in to your Battle.net account to submit a web ticket.