Does your Overwatch 2 aim feel off or weird when you’re playing on a console?
Does your aim feel floaty or worse than before when you’re playing on a PC?
Overwatch 2 was released on October 4, 2022.
Since its release, the game has had multiple known issues.
Some of the known issues are server disconnection, cosmetics, items, currency not showing up, and others.
In this guide, you’ll learn why your Overwatch 2 aim feels off or weird and how to fix it on PC, PS4, PS5, and Xbox.
Why does my Overwatch 2 aim feel off?
Your Overwatch 2 aim feels off because you’re probably playing in a PC lobby.
If you’re playing in a PC lobby on a console, Aim Assist will be disabled by default.
Hence, if you’re using a controller, your aim will be less accurate.
Many console players are complaining about this because it’s unfair to them.
“I love blizzard but this screams that they have no idea about consoles. I found this out today playing as Cassidy realizing that there’s no aim assist on Xbox. I bet this would be way easier on a PC”.
“How is this in any way fair? PC players get a whole hand to aim while I get a single thumb and they just turn off aim assist. Come on now”.
How to fix Overwatch 2 aim feels off
To fix Overwatch 2 aim feels off, you need to reduce “Camera Shake” and turn off “HUD Shake” and “Reduce Menu Movement”.
You can change these settings in the accessibility tab by pressing Esc > Options > Accessibility > General.
If you’re playing on a console, you need to turn off cross-play via Overwatch 2 settings to prevent getting into a PC lobby.
When cross-play is disabled, you will only play against console players.
This will ensure that the Aim Assist feature is enabled at all times.
Fix 1: Reduce your motion settings
- Open Overwatch 2 and press “Esc”.
- Go to Options > Accessibility > General.
- Set “Camera Shake” to “Reduced”.
- Turn off “HUD Shake”.
- Turn off “Reduce menu movement.
Fix 2: Disable cross-play (for consoles)
- Open your Xbox settings.
- Select Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox privacy.
- Select View details & customize > Communication & multiplayer.
- Under ” You can join cross-network play”, select “Block”.
- Launch Overwatch 2.
- Press “Options” on your controller followed by “Options” again.
- Select Gameplay > General > Cross-Platform Play.
- Turn off “Cross-Platform Play” > OK.