WhatsApp Web is a browser-based extension of the popular messaging app.
It allows users to access their WhatsApp conversations and send messages from a computer.
It syncs with the user’s mobile app, displaying conversations, media, and notifications in real-time.
The web interface enables users to engage in text, voice, and video chats, share files, and manage their contacts.
You can also copy and paste text, photos, and videos on the website.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to delete or remove the WhatsApp channel updates option or tab from the status page.
How to Remove WhatsApp Channel Updates Option
To remove the WhatsApp channel updates option, you need to download an older version of WhatsApp.
This method only works for Android devices as you’ll be downloading an APK of WhatsApp.
Here’s how to delete the WhatsApp channel updates option:
- Open WhatsApp > Three dots > Settings > Chats > Chat backup > Back up.
- Delete WhatsApp and keep the app data.
- Open a browser like Chrome on your Android device.
- Go to https://whatsapp-messenger.en.uptodown.com/android/versions.
- Download an APK version of WhatsApp that’s older than September 13 (e.g. September 8).
- Open WhatsApp and follow the on-screen instructions.
After you’ve downloaded an APK version of WhatsApp that’s older than September 13, the channel updates option will be gone.
If you want the option to stay gone, you cannot update WhatsApp.