Instagram allows you to repost your friends’ stories in fullscreen in the new update.
If you’ve viewed Instagram stories recently, you might have noticed a Repost icon.
The Repost icon indicates that the story has been reposted by the user.
It appears at the top left corner of a story along with the username of the original poster.
This is a new feature that many users are unaware of because Instagram did not provide any information about it.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to repost stories on Instagram in the new update in fullscreen even when you’re not tagged.
What is the new repost feature on Instagram?
The new repost feature on Instagram allows you to repost your friends’ stories in fullscreen.
When you repost a story, the repost icon will be shown on the top right corner of the story.
On the right side of the Repost icon, the original poster’s username will be shown.
If someone taps on the original poster’s username, they will be redirected to their Instagram profile.
How to repost Instagram Stories
To repost Instagram stories in the new update in fullscreen, your friend needs to first post the story and add you as a mention.
After that, open your DM, tap on “Add to story”, tap on the photo/video once to make it fullscreen, and tap on “Your story” to repost the story.
Step 1: Post a story and select “More”
- Open Instagram and tap on “Your story”.
- Select the photo/video that you want to post to your story.
- Select “Your story”.
- Select “More”.
Step 2: Add mentions
- Select “Add Mentions”.
- Select the users that you want to allow to repost your story.
- Tap on “Add” to tag and automatically DM the users.
Step 3: Add to your story
- A DM will be sent to the user saying that you mentioned them in your story.
- If you’re the user who wants to repost the story, open the DM.
- Tap on “Add to your story” to start reposting the story.
Step 4: Repost the story in fullscreen
- Tap on the image/video once to make it fullscreen.
- Tap on “Your story” to repost the story in fullscreen.
- You’ve successfully reposted the story (there will be a repost icon on the top right corner of the story)!