Is your Instagram story viewers not showing on iPhone or Android?
Stories allow you to share your daily moments in a slideshow format.
It’s only available for 24 hours and you can see who viewed it for 48 hours.
You can also modify your privacy settings to hide your stories from specific followers.
In some cases, you might not be able to see who viewed your story even though you didn’t hide it from anyone.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix Instagram story views/viewers not showing, not working, or missing on iPhone and Android.
Why doesn’t Instagram show who viewed my story?
Instagram doesn’t show who viewed yours story because it’s been after 48 hours.
After 48 hours, your story viewers will disappear from your archive.
If it’s not been 48 hours yet but you can’t see who viewed your story, Instagram might be down.
You can check the status of Instagram on downdetector/status/instagram or Twitter/X.
If Instagram is down, you need to wait for a few hours or more to see your story viewers again.
How to Fix Instagram Story Views Not Showing
To fix Instagram story views not showing, you can try checking them on instagram.com instead of the app.
If it’s been over 24 hours, you can check who viewed your Instagram story from your archive.
For Android devices, you can try downloading an older version of Instagram or Instagram Lite.
For iOS devices, you can try reinstalling, updating, or restarting the Instagram app.
Fix 1: Check your story views on instagram.com
- Open a browser like Safari, Chrome, or Microsoft Edge.
- Go to instagram.com and log in to your account.
- Go to your profile and click on your profile picture to view your story.
- Click on the “Seen by” icon on the bottom left corner to see your story viewers.
Tip: You can also try downloading Instagram from the Microsoft Store and check who viewed your story there.
Fix 2: Check your story views from your archive
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile.
- Tap on the menu icon and select “Archive”.
- Select your latest story from the grid.
- Tap on “Activity” to see who viewed your story.
Note: You can only see who viewed your story before 48 hours using this method.
Fix 3: Download an older version of Instagram (Android only)
- Delete the Instagram app from your device.
- Go to https://instagram.en.uptodown.com/android.
- Select “Older versions” and install an older version of Instagram.
- Check if you can see your story views.
Note: This method only works for Android devices.
Fix 4: Troubleshooting methods (Android + iPhone)
- Restart the Instagram app: Swipe up from the bottom of your screen, navigate to the Instagram card, swipe up, and reopen Instagram.
- Update Instagram: Open the App Store/Google Play Store, search for “Instagram”, and select “Update”.
- Clear Instagram’s cache: Force exit Instagram > open the Settings app > Apps > Instagram > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data > reopen Instagram (no, this will not delete your posts).
- Log out and log in: Open the Instagram app > Profile > Menu > Settings > Log out > Log back in.
- Uninstall and reinstall: Tap and hold the Instagram app, delete it, and reinstall it from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Wait it out: If Instagram is down, you need to wait for a few hours for the server-side issue(s) to be fixed.