Is the shaders optimization stuck in Modern Warfare 2?
Is the shaders optimization bugging out or stuck at 0%, 6%, or 54%?
If you reinstall the game or restart it, the same issue will occur.
Since its release, the game has had multiple known issues.
Some of the known issues are the campaign mode not saving, crashes, error codes, and more.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix the shaders optimization stuck bug at a certain percentage (MW2) on PS4, PS5, Xbox, or PC.
- Why is the shaders optimization stuck in MW2?
- How to fix shaders optimization stuck in Modern Warfare 2
Why is the shaders optimization stuck in MW2?
The shaders optimization is stuck in MW2 because of a bug.
Many players said that the shaders optimization in MW2 cannot complete.
It gets stuck at a certain percentage (e.g., 6%, 50%) and stops optimizing.
“I’m having a bug that prevents me from starting the game. I’ve updated my latest drivers but I’ve been stuck at 6% optimization in the menu for the past 30 minutes”.
“I can’t play on my PC. I’m stuck on 54% of shader optimization. I tried to reinstall the game, and revert the drivers back but nothing seems to help”.
“When I click on play, it just opens up another window for half a second, then IT closes. I tried reinstalling it, scanning and repairing it, resetting the shader optimization, and updating my drivers. Still nothing. Has anyone faced this problem and been able to fix it?”.
How to fix shaders optimization stuck in Modern Warfare 2
To fix the shaders optimization stuck in Modern Warfare 2, you need to add a new language to the game in Battle.net and leave English as the default language.
If you’re using Steam, you need to clear the download cache for it before launching MW2.
The fix is to add a new language to the game:
- Close MW2 and Battle.net.
- Open the Battle.net desktop app.
- Select “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II”.
- Click on the settings icon > Modify Install.
- Install languages > Select any other language > Start Update.
- After MW2 has finished updating, launch it, and the shaders optimization will be fixed.
The fix is to clear the download cache:
- Close MW2 and Steam.
- Open Steam > Steam > Settings.
- Download > Clear Download Cache.
- Launch MW2 and the shaders optimization will be fixed.