SiteGround is one of the most popular website hosting services on the internet.
It allows you to host your website at competitive rates.
It offers both shared hosting and cloud hosting and it’s suitable for personal and business websites.
SiteGround comes with a CMS (content management system) like WordPress (.org).
WordPress is used by over 40% of all websites on the internet, so it’s a highly recommended CMS.
Just so that you know that this article is reliable and credible—I’m the founder of this website that’s also hosted on SiteGround.
If you’re looking to create a website and host it, you can use SiteGround.
This article contains a SiteGround tutorial for beginners that teaches you how to set up a WordPress website.
- SiteGround tutorial
- Why should I use SiteGround hosting?
- Is SiteGround easy to use?
- Is SiteGround the same as WordPress?
This SiteGround tutorial teaches you how to set up a WordPress website.
It also includes choosing a plan, choosing a domain name, and designing your website.
1. Choose a plan
- Go to SiteGround and choose a plan.
- Click here to save up to 80% on SiteGround hosting.
- Choose between these shared hosting—StartUp, GrowBig (recommended), or GoGeek.
2. Choose a domain name
- Choose a domain name (.com is highly recommended).
- Other extensions like .org, .net, or .io, are fine too, but they are not the most common.
- If you’re creating a portfolio website, you can use your full name as your domain name.
- Review the order and pay using a debit/credit card.
3. Install WordPress
- Select Set Up Website > Start New Website > WordPress
- Choose if you want to add extra services.
- Select “Finish” and wait for WordPress to install on SiteGround.
- Go to the SiteGround dashboard > Websites > WordPress admin (or go to yoursite.com/wp-admin) to start designing your site.
Tip: If you need help with the installation process, you can contact SiteGround’s 24/7 support for help.
4. Start designing your website
- Go to yourwebsite.com/wp-admin to visit the WordPress dashboard.
- Buy a WordPress theme from https://themeforest.net/ or download a free one.
- Go to Appearance > Themes > Upload Theme (to upload your theme).
- Customize your theme by going to Appearance > Customize.
- Add new posts by going to Posts > Add New.
- Add new pages by going to Pages > Add New.
5. Install important plugins
- SiteGround Optimizer – Speed up your website with various optimizations.
- SiteGround Security – Protect your website from hackers and prevent threats.
- Google Site Kit – Easily connect your site to Google Analytics to see real-time visitors and stats.
- Yoast SEO – An all-in-one SEO plugin for WordPress that you can use to add an XML sitemap (a site directory).
- Jetpack – A security, speed, and stats plugin.
Tip: To install plugins, go to your WordPress dashboard (yoursite.com/wp-admin) > Plugins > Add new.
Why should I use SiteGround hosting?
You should use SiteGround hosting because it’s fast, secure, and with 24/7 support.
I’ve used SiteGround for multiple years now and it has a 99% uptime.
Their support is unmatched and they are always ready to help you with any technical issues.
Their hosting is affordable, starting at $19.99 per month for the StartUp plan.
Is SiteGround easy to use?
Yes, SiteGround is easy to use and it’s great for beginners.
It has a user-friendly dashboard where you can check your websites, services, and billing information.
On the “Websites” tab, you can access your site tools or your WordPress dashboard.
You can also add extras at any time like a CDN, Site Scanner, Dedicated IP, and more.
Is SiteGround the same as WordPress?
No, SiteGround is not the same as WordPress.
SiteGround is a web hosting service where you can install WordPress on.
On the other hand, WordPress is a content management system.
You can install and use WordPress on SiteGround for free.