Are you getting a “You Can’t Send Messages for 3 Days” error on Instagram?
Here’s the second part of the error, “Something you sent in a chat went against our community guidelines”.
Under the error, there’s a button that takes you to the community guidelines page.
There is no option for you to appeal and you won’t be able to send messages.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix “You Can’t Send Messages for 3 Days” on Instagram, Messenger, or Facebook.
- Why can’t I send messages for 3 days on Instagram?
- How to fix “You Can’t Send Messages for 3 Days” on Instagram
Why can’t I send messages for 3 days on Instagram?
You can’t send messages for 3 days on Instagram because you’ve sent something that violated the community guidelines.
In some cases, you might be blocked from sending messages because of a mistake.
Apparently, Instagram’s latest update changed the algorithm that detects community guideline violations in messages.
As a result, many users got blocked from sending messages even though they didn’t do anything wrong.
The error message can happen on both Instagram and Facebook Messenger.
Here are some of the reports, “So I tried to reply to my wife on Messenger and I found out that I’m unable to send messages for 3 days. I haven’t said anything that violates the guidelines.”.
“The same thing happened to me when I was chatting with a buddy”.
“I can’t message customers on my personal page or business pages”.
Most users said that they were restricted because of alleged exploitation.
It seems like the Instagram team needs to fix its algorithm to prevent it from mistakenly restricting people.
How to fix “You Can’t Send Messages for 3 Days” on Instagram
To fix “You can’t send messages for 3 days” on Instagram, you can either wait for 3 days or use Instagram Web.
You can also use another account or report a problem on the Instagram app.
Otherwise, you need to wait for Instagram to release a new update to fix the algorithm.
Currently, the algorithm is mistakenly restricting people from sending messages even though they didn’t violate the community guidelines.
Fix 1: Wait for 3 days
- To send messages again, you need to wait for 3 days.
- In some cases, you might need to wait for more than 3 days to be unrestricted.
- The “You Can’t Send Messages for 3 Days” error is temporary and you’ll eventually be able to send messages again.
Fix 2: Use Instagram Web
- You can try using the web version of Instagram to send messages.
- Method 1: Go to instagram.com on a PC, log in to your account, select “Messages”, and try sending a message.
- Method 2: Download Instagram from the Microsoft Store, log in to your account, and try sending a message.
Fix 3: Use another account
- If you’re restricted from sending messages from one account, you won’t be restricted on another.
- To switch accounts, go to your profile, tap on your username, and select the account that you want to switch to.
- If you don’t have another Instagram account, you need to create one by going to your profile, tapping on your username, and selecting “Add account”.
Fix 4: Report a problem
- Go to your Instagram profile and tap on the menu icon.
- Settings > Help > Report a Problem.
- Report a Problem > Include and Continue.
- Explain your problem and send the report.
Note: If you’ve enabled “Shake phone to report a problem”, open a message, shake your phone, and report a problem there.