ElevenLabs is a voice technology research company focused on developing high-quality AI speech software for publishers and creators.
They have created new text-to-speech models that use high compression and context understanding.
This technology renders human speech ultra-realistically, allowing for voicing news, newsletters, books, and videos.
They also offer tools for voice cloning and designing synthetic voices.
Their goal is to instantly convert spoken audio between languages with their AI dubbing tool.
This will let users automatically re-voice any audio or video in a different language while preserving the original speaker’s voice.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to use ElevenLabs for beginners to create funny AI voice-cloning memes.
How to use ElevenLabs
To use ElevenLabs, you need to create an account and subscribe to a paid plan (e.g. Starter).
Next, find at least 3 clips of the person on YouTube that you want to voice clone (e.g. Donald Trump) and convert them to MP3 files.
Lastly, upload the audio files to ElevenLabs, generate and download the voices, and edit a video using a video editor.
Step 1: Create an account and subscribe to a paid plan
- Go to https://www.elevenlabs.io.
- Click on the “Sign up” button.
- Sign up with Facebook, Google, or email.
- Verify your email address and sign in.
- Go to your subscriptions and subscribe to a paid plan (e.g. Starter for $5 per month).
Note: You can also use ElevenLabs for free, but you cannot clone voices.
Step 2: Start cloning a voice
- Go to YouTube and search for clips of the person that you want to clone (e.g. Donald Trump).
- Copy each video’s URL and paste it into a YouTube to MP3 converter.
- Go to https://www.elevenlabs.io/voice-lab.
- Add Voice > Instant Voice Cloning > Name it > Upload the audio clips > Add Voice.
- Select “Use” to use the cloned voice.
- Enter the text and select “Generate”.
- Download the voice by clicking on the save icon.
Step 3: Start editing your video
- Use a video editing tool like Kapwing.
- Drag and drop the videos that you want to add.
- Drag and drop the audio files that you’ve cloned.
- Edit the videos and audio clips using the editor.
- Export the video and upload it anywhere!