Is the Valorant download or update stuck at 45%?
Valorant is a 5v5 tactical-based FPS game developed by Riot games.
In the game, you have 13 rounds to attack and defend your side using weapons and abilities.
You only have one life per round, so you need to think more quickly than your opponent.
There are several modes like competitive, unranked, deathmatch, and spike rush.
You can choose between multiple agents armed with unique abilities.
Every map allows you to showcase your intellect as it’s made for teamwork, plays, and clutch moments.
In this guide, you’ll learn why is the Valorant update or download stuck at 45% and how to fix it.
Why is the Valorant download stuck at 45% KB?
The Valorant download is stuck at 45% because your Windows version is outdated or you have an antivirus program that’s preventing the download.
It can also be due to MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, or Discord running in the background.
The common antivirus programs that cause downloading or updating issues are AVG and Avast because they conflict with Riot Vanguard.
The common programs that reduce the download speed are MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, and Discord.
How to fix Valorant update stuck at 45%
To fix the Valorant update stuck at 45%, you need to update Windows to the latest version.
If you have AVG or Avast antivirus, you need to uninstall them.
You need to also end the task for MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, and Discord from the task manager or try to delete VGC and VGK from the command prompt and restart your PC.
Fix 1: Update Windows to the latest version
- Search for “Check for updates” using the Windows search bar.
- Select “Download & Install” to update Windows.
- Try updating or downloading Valorant again.
Note: Valorant got rid of support for older versions of Windows 10. If you have an outdated version of Windows, you need to update it to play the game (source: Valorant Support).
Fix 2: Uninstall AVG or Avast antivirus
- Open the control panel > Programs > Uninstall a program > AVG > Uninstall.
- Open the control panel > Programs > Uninstall a program > Avast > Uninstall.
Fix 3: End the task for MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, and Discord
- Open the task manager (press CTRL + ALT + DEL on your keyboard).
- Select the “Processes” tab.
- Right-click and end the task for MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, and Discord.
Fix 4: Delete VGC and VGK in CMD
- Search for “CMD” using the Windows search bar.
- Open the command prompt as an administrator.
- Type “sc delete vgc” and press enter.
- Type “sc delete vgk” and press enter.
- Restart your PC.
- Open the File Explorer > This PC > C: Drive > Program Files > Riot Vanguard > Delete.
- Launch Valorant and try downloading or updating it again.