Is the Valorant download or update stuck at 0%?
Valorant is a 5v5 tactical-based FPS game developed by Riot games.
In the game, you have 13 rounds to attack and defend your side using weapons and abilities.
You only have one life per round, so you need to think faster than your opponent.
There are multiple modes including competitive, unranked, deathmatch, and spike rush.
You can choose between multiple agents armed with unique abilities.
No agents will play alike and no highlight reels will look the same.
Every map allows you to display your intellect as it’s built for teamwork, plays, and clutch moments.
In this guide, you’ll learn why is the Valorant updating or downloading stuck at 0% and how to fix it.
Why is the Valorant update stuck?
The Valorant update is stuck because your Windows version is outdated or you have an antivirus program that’s preventing the download.
It can also be due to MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, or Discord.
The common antivirus programs that cause downloading or updating issues are AVG and Avast.
The common programs that reduce the download speed are MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, and Discord.
How to fix Valorant updating stuck at 0%
To fix Valorant update stuck at 0%, you need to update Windows to the latest version and uninstall AVG or Avast antivirus.
You need to also end the task for MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, and Discord from the task manager or try deleting VGC and VGK in CMD and restarting your PC.
Fix 1: Update Windows to the latest version
- Search for “Check for updates” using the Windows search bar.
- Select “Download & Install” to update Windows.
- Try updating or downloading Valorant again.
Note: Valorant has removed support for older versions of Windows 10. If you have an outdated version of Windows, you need to update it to play the game (source: Valorant Support).
Fix 2: Uninstall AVG or Avast antivirus
- Open the control panel > Programs > Uninstall a program > AVG > Uninstall.
- Open the control panel > Programs > Uninstall a program > Avast > Uninstall.
Fix 3: End the task for MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, and Discord
- Open the task manager (press CTRL + ALT + DEL on your keyboard).
- Select the “Processes” tab.
- Right-click and end the task for MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, and Discord.
Fix 4: Delete VGC and VGK in CMD
- Search for “CMD” using the Windows search bar.
- Open the command prompt as an administrator.
- Type “sc delete vgc” and press enter.
- Type “sc delete vgk” and press enter.
- Restart your PC.
- Open the File Explorer > This PC > C: Drive > Program Files > Riot Vanguard > Delete.
- Launch Valorant and try downloading or updating it again.