Is the Valorant download or update stuck at 0%?
Valorant is a 5v5 tactical-based FPS game developed by Riot games.
The game has 13 rounds where you’ll have to attack and defend your side using abilities and weapons.
Think faster than your opponent to outsmart them.
There are multiple modes including competitive, unranked, spike rush, and deathmatch.
Use unique abilities and pick between multiple agents.
Showcase your skills as every map is built for clutch moments, teamwork, and plays.
In this guide, you’ll learn why is the Valorant updating or downloading stuck at 0% and how to fix it.
Why is the Valorant update stuck?
The Valorant update is stuck because your Windows version is outdated or you have an antivirus program that’s preventing the download.
It can also be due to MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, or Discord.
Antivirus programs that will conflict with Valorant/Riot Vanguard are AVG and Avast.
Programs that will reduce the game’s update speed are Discord, RivaTuner, and MSI Afterburner.
How to fix Valorant updating stuck at 0%
To fix the Valorant update stuck at 0%, update Windows to the latest version and uninstall AVG or Avast antivirus if you have them.
You need to also end the task for MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, and Discord from the task manager or try to delete VGC and VGK in the command prompt and restart your PC.
Fix 1: Update Windows to the latest version
- Use the Windows search bar and search for “Check for updates”.
- Select “Download & Install” to update Windows.
- Try updating or downloading Valorant again.
Note: Valorant has removed support for older versions of Windows 10. If you have an outdated version of Windows, you need to update it to play the game (source: Valorant Support).
Fix 2: Uninstall AVG or Avast antivirus
- Open the control panel > Programs > Uninstall a program > AVG > Uninstall.
- Open the control panel > Programs > Uninstall a program > Avast > Uninstall.
Fix 3: End the task for MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, and Discord
- Open the task manager (press CTRL + ALT + DEL on your keyboard).
- Select the “Processes” tab.
- Right-click and end the task for Discord, RivaTuner, and MSI Afterburner.
Fix 4: Delete VGC and VGK in CMD
- Search for “CMD” using the Windows search bar.
- Open the command prompt as an administrator.
- Type “sc delete vgc” and press enter.
- Type “sc delete vgk” and press enter.
- Restart your PC.
- Open the File Explorer > This PC > C: Drive > Program Files > Riot Vanguard > Delete.
- Launch Valorant and try to update it again.