Are you getting an “Video player will be blocked after 3 or 2 videos” error on YouTube?
Here’s the second part of the error “It looks like you may be using an ad blocker”.
Followed by, “Video playback is blocked unless YouTube is allowlisted or the ad blocker is disabled”.
And, “Ads allow YouTube to be used billions worldwide”.
And, “You can go ad-free with YouTube Premium, and creators can still get paid from your subscription”.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to remove, bypass, or fix “Video player will be blocked after 3 or 2 videos” on YouTube.
How to Fix “Video player will be blocked after 3 videos” on YouTube
To fix “Video player will be blocked after 3 videos” on YouTube, you need to connect to a VPN where the error message doesn’t show up like Russia, Israel, or India.
You can also try downloading the uBlock Origin extension and applying some filters or removing them.
Fix 1: Connect to a VPN
- Enable your existing adblocker (e.g. AdBlock).
- Go to protonvpn.com, scroll down, and select “Get Proton Free”.
- Select “Continue with free” and create an account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and download Proton VPN.
- Connect to a Russia, Israel, or India VPN.
- Open YouTube and try watching some videos.
- The adblocker that you’re using (e.g. AdBlock) should work.
Note: YouTube does not prevent adblockers in certain countries—so you can connect to the VPN of those countries to bypass the error.
Fix 2: Download uBlock Origin
- Remove all existing adblock extensions on your browser.
- Download the uBlock Origin extension for Chrome or Firefox.
- If you’re on Chrome, click on the puzzle icon.
- Select “uBlock Origin” and click on the settings icon.
- Click on the “My filters” tab.
- Copy and paste the following code:
- youtube.com##+js(set, yt.config_.openPopupConfig.supportedPopups.adBlockMessageViewModel, false)
- youtube.com##+js(set, Object.prototype.adBlocksFound, 0)
- youtube.com##+js(set, ytplayer.config.args.raw_player_response.adPlacements, )
- youtube.com##+js(set, Object.prototype.hasAllowedInstreamAd, true)
- Click on “Apply changes” and try watching some YouTube videos.
Note: By applying these filters to uBlock Origin, both the “Video player will be blocked after 3 videos” error and ads on videos should be gone.
Fix 3: Remove custom config (uBlock Origin)
- Update uBlock Origin to the latest version.
- Remove your custom configurations by removing your custom filters, disabling “My filters”, and disabling all additional lists you’ve enabled.
- Update Filter lists: Click on the uBO icon > Dashboard button > Filter lists pane > Clock icon at the end of the uBlock filters – Quick fixes list > Update now button.
- Disable all other extensions, your browser’s built-in blockers, and the ones outside your browser (DNS blocking, ad/tracking AV protections). Do not disable the “Firefox Multi-Account Containers” add-on. Disable built-in blockers for Opera, Vivaldi, Brave, or Edge. Close all open tabs for the steps to work properly.