Are you getting an “Ad blockers are not allowed on YouTube” error?
Here’s the second part of the error “It looks like you may be using an ad blocker”.
Followed by, “Video playback is blocked unless YouTube is allowlisted or the adblocker is disabled”.
And, “Ads allow YouTube to be used billions worldwide”.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to remove, bypass, or fix “Ad blockers are not allowed on YouTube” on Chrome, Brave, Firefox, and more.
How to Fix “Ad blockers are not allowed on YouTube”
To fix “Ad blockers are not allowed on YouTube”, you need to connect to a VPN where the error message doesn’t show up like Russia, Israel, or India.
You can also try downloading the uBlock Origin extension and applying some filters.
Fix 1: Connect to a VPN
- Enable your existing adblocker (e.g. AdBlock).
- Go to protonvpn.com, scroll down, and select “Get Proton Free”.
- Select “Continue with free” and create an account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and download Proton VPN.
- Connect to a Russia, Israel, or India VPN.
- Open YouTube and try watching some videos.
- The adblocker that you’re using (e.g. AdBlock) should work.
Note: YouTube does not prevent adblockers in certain countries—so you can connect to the VPN of those countries to bypass the error.
Fix 2: Download uBlock Origin
- Remove all existing adblock extensions on your browser.
- Download the uBlock Origin extension for Chrome or Firefox.
- If you’re on Chrome, click on the puzzle icon.
- Select “uBlock Origin” and click on the settings icon.
- Click on the “My filters” tab.
- Copy and paste the following code:
- youtube.com##+js(set, yt.config_.openPopupConfig.supportedPopups.adBlockMessageViewModel, false)
- youtube.com##+js(set, Object.prototype.adBlocksFound, 0)
- youtube.com##+js(set, ytplayer.config.args.raw_player_response.adPlacements, )
- youtube.com##+js(set, Object.prototype.hasAllowedInstreamAd, true)
- Click on “Apply changes” and try watching some YouTube videos.
Note: By applying these filters to uBlock Origin, both the “Ad blockers are not allowed on YouTube” error and ads on videos should be gone.