Is the voice chat not working in Warzone 2?
Are you trying to talk with your teammates but they can’t hear you?
Warzone 2.0 is a large, free-to-play combat arena with a brand-new map called AL Mazrah.
Team up with your friends and fight in a battleground in the city and rural outskirts.
Loot supply boxes for rewards and finish contracts to develop your arsenal and get a tactical advantage.
There’s a new sandbox objective-based mode where you can choose your own experience and get gear to keep in your inventory.
If you purchase the Vault Edition of MW2, you’ll get the Red Team 141 Operator Pack, FJX Cinder Weapon Vault, Battle Pass, and 50 Tier Skips*.
In this guide, you’ll how to fix the voice chat or microphone not working in Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 for PC, Xbox, PS4, and PS5.
Why is my microphone not working in Warzone 2.0?
Your microphone is not working in Warzone 2.0 because it’s most likely muted.
Otherwise, you didn’t give the game access to your microphone.
If you’re using an Xbox, your headset microphone might be disabled.
Also, your “Party chat output” might be set incorrectly.
Instead of “Headset & Speakers”, it’s probably set to “Speakers”.
If so, your teammates won’t be able to hear you because your headset won’t detect your voice.
How to fix voice chat not working in Warzone 2
To fix voice chat not working in Warzone 2, you need to allow the game to access your microphone (for PC and Xbox).
If you’re using an Xbox, you need to set your “Party chat output” to “Headset & Speakers” instead of just “Headset” or “Speakers”.
If you’re using a PC, make sure to set your microphone as the default device.
In addition, you need to disable “Exclusive control” and “Exclusive mode” for it.
Fix voice chat for PC:
- Allow microphone access: Search for “Microphone Privacy Settings” using Windows search > Turn on “Microphone access” > Turn on “Let apps access your microphone”.
- Set as default device: Search for “Control Panel” using Windows search > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Right-click your microphone and set it as the default device.
- Disable exclusivity: Search for “Control Panel” using Windows search > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Right-click your microphone > Properties > Advanced > Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device > Disable.
Note: Make sure that “Let apps access your microphone” for “Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0” is turned on.
Fix voice chat for Xbox:
- Enable the headset mic: Press the Xbox Sky button > Audio & Music > Headset mic > On.
- Adjust the microphone settings: Launch Warzone 2 > Audio Settings > Microphone Device > If it’s set to default, try changing it to your microphone/headset itself.
- Enable headset & speakers: Open Xbox settings > General > Volume & audio output > Additional options > Party chat output > Headset & speakers.
Other troubleshooting methods:
- Unplug and replug your device: If the microphone/headset plug is loose, unplugging and replugging it can fix the voice chat issue.
- Choose your input device: Search for “Sound settings” using Windows search > Input > Choose a device for speaking or recording > select your microphone/headset.
- Turn up the microphone volume: Search for “Control Panel” using Windows search > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Recording > Right-click your microphone > Properties > Levels > turn the volume up to 90+.
How to Fix Voice Chat Not Working in Modern Warfare 2
How to Fix Voice Chat Not Working in Overwatch 2
How to Fix Lag, Stuttering, or FPS drops in Modern Warfare 2