Is Chat GPT showing this error message, “We’ve detected suspicious behavior from phone numbers similar to yours”?
Here’s the second part of the error, “Please try again later or contact us through our help center at help.openai.com”.
ChatGPT is an AI made by OpenAI that communicates in a human-like manner.
It’s able to answer follow-up questions, deny inappropriate requests, and make assumptions.
The company develops and promotes advanced AI technology.
The goal of OpenAI is to create safe AI that helps humanity and to advance AI research.
It was founded by Elon Musk and Sam Altman in 2015 in San Francisco, California.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix “We’ve detected suspicious behavior from phone numbers similar to yours” on ChatGPT.
- What does “We’ve detected suspicious behavior” mean on Chat GPT?
- How to fix “We’ve detected suspicious behavior” on ChatGPT
What does “We’ve detected suspicious behavior” mean on Chat GPT?
“We’ve detected suspicious behavior from a phone number similar to yours” is a security error message on Chat GPT.
It is displayed when the system detects potential dangerous or unauthorized activity linked to a phone number.
It’s a warning that the phone number might be used for unauthorized access or spamming and have been temporarily blocked.
The error message is shown to protect ChatGPT and prevent abuse/unauthorized access to the service.
How to fix “We’ve detected suspicious behavior” on ChatGPT
To fix “We’ve detected suspicious behavior” on ChatGPT, you need to use another phone number.
You can also try using a temporary phone number online that haven’t been used before.
If this is your first time trying to link your phone number but you’re getting the error, you need to contact OpenAI support for assistance.
They will provide specific information about the error and help you to fix it.
Fix 1: Use another phone number
- If you have a second phone number, you can use it to link to your ChatGPT account.
- You can also use a friend’s or family member’s phone number.
Fix 2: Use a temporary phone number
- You can obtain a temporary phone number from anonymsms.com (free), sms-activation-service.com (free), smsnator.online (free), receive-sms.cc (free), or temp-number.org (paid).
- Get a number from one of the sites above and try sending a code to it (keep trying until you find a number that’s not linked to ChatGPT yet).
- Enter the code that’s sent to the temporary phone number to finish creating your account.
Fix 3: Contact OpenAI support
- Go to https://help.openai.com/.
- Click on the chat bubble on the bottom right.
- Messages > Send us a message.
- Login or Sign up Issues > No.
- Enter your email address and write your message.
Here’s an example of a message, “Hi OpenAI team. When I link my phone number, it says that the system detected suspicious behavior. I need help in fixing this”.