Is WhatsApp stuck on “Connecting” on the homepage or a chat?
Are you unable to connect to WhatsApp even though you have a stable internet connection?
WhatsApp is rarely down, but it has a chance of happening.
In this guide, you’ll learn why is WhatsApp not connecting and how to fix stuck on “Connecting”.
Why is WhatsApp not connecting?
WhatsApp is not connecting either because you don’t have an internet connection or your internet speed is too slow.
On rare occasions, it could mean that WhatsApp is down and you need to wait for it to be back up.
As of late October, WhatsApp had a global outage.
Many users went to Twitter to tweet about the downtime.
During that period, there are over 1 million tweets about it.
“People Coming to Twitter to see if WhatsApp is down #WhatsappDown”.
“When your WhatsApp is playing up but you come to Twitter and see that everyone else is having the same problem #WhatsAppDown”.
“Everyone’s coming to Twitter to see what happened to WhatsApp”.
How to fix WhatsApp stuck on “Connecting”
To fix WhatsApp stuck on “Connecting”, you need to try to switch to Wi-Fi or mobile data or change your Wi-Fi.
You can also try force-closing WhatsApp and reopening it or turning on airplane mode and turning it off.
If WhatsApp is down, you need to wait for it to be back up.
Fix 1: Switch to Wi-Fi or mobile data
- If you’re connected to Wi-Fi, try switching to mobile data.
- On the other hand, if you’re connecting to mobile data, try connecting to a Wi-Fi network.
Fix 2: Change your Wi-Fi
- Some Wi-Fi networks are unstable and slow.
- Change your Wi-Fi to another Wi-Fi network and check if you’re able to connect to WhatsApp.
Fix 3: Force close WhatsApp and reopen it
- For iPhone: Swipe up from the bottom of your screen > scroll to WhatsApp > Swipe up > reopen WhatsApp.
- For Android: Swipe up from the bottom of your screen > swipe up on WhatsApp to force close it > reopen WhatsApp.
Fix 4: Turn on airplane mode and turn it off
- Force close WhatsApp using fix 3.
- Turn on airplane mode on your device.
- Turn off airplane mode on your device.
- Reopen WhatsApp.
Fix 5: Wait for the WhatsApp servers to be back up
- If WhatsApp is down, you need to wait for it to be back up.
- To check if it’s down, you can go to Twitter and search for “WhatsApp down”.
- Check the top and latest tweets to see if a lot of people are tweeting about it.
- You can also check if WhatsApp is down by going to downdetector.com/status/whatsapp/.