WhatsApp introduced a new feature called “Channels” where you can follow what matters.
A channel is a private broadcast service where admins can send media, text, and polls.
The channel update changed the view of WhatsApp statuses of your friends and family.
Previously, WhatsApp statuses were displayed vertically under “Recent Updates”.
However, the update changed the display from vertical to horizontal (similar to Instagram stories).
In this guide, you’ll learn how to change the WhatsApp status updates from horizontal to vertical view for iPhone and Android.
How to Change WhatsApp Status from Horizontal to Vertical View
Here’s how to change WhatsApp statuses to vertical view:
- Open WhatsApp and tap on “Updates”.
- Select the channel(s) that you’re following.
- Tap on the three dots and select “Unfollow”.
- Unfollow all channels that you’re following.
- After you’ve unfollowed all channels, the old status vertical view will be back!
Tip: If you want to change the status display back to horizontal view, simply follow a channel under “Find Channels”.