Some YouTube videos are draggy and contain a lot of fluff.
Other videos are only interesting at a specific time (e.g. 5 minutes into the video).
If so, you might be looking to download part of a YouTube video instead of the full video.
By doing this, you’ll save storage space and make the video more concise.
This is because a shorter YouTube video has a smaller size.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to download part of a YouTube video (or crop/trim it) in 3 easy steps.
How to download part of a YouTube Video
To download part of a YouTube video, you must first copy the video’s link from YouTube.
After you’ve copied the video’s link, paste it on a free online editing tool like Kapwing.
Next, crop the video by clicking and dragging the left and right edges of the video.
Lastly, export the video as an MP4 file, download it, and share it.
1. Copy the YouTube video link
- Navigate to the YouTube video that you want to download a part of.
- Click on the “Share” icon.
- Copy the YouTube video link.
2. Paste the link on Kapwing
- Go to https://www.kapwing.com/tools/trim.
- Create or log in to your Kapwing account.
- Paste the YouTube video link into the “Place an image or video URL” field.
3. Export and download the video
- Click and drag the left and right edges of the video to trim it.
- Click on the “Export Project” button.
- Select “MP4”, choose a resolution, and choose a compression level.
- Click on the “Export as MP4” button.
- Click on the “Download file” button to download the video!
Tip: You need to have a Kapwing account to download a watermark-free video.
How to share part of a YouTube video
To share part of a YouTube video, you need to first navigate to the video that you want to share.
Next, click on the “Share” icon next to the like button.
Tick the “Start at” checkbox and indicate where you want to start the video.
Lastly, copy the YouTube video link and share it.
3 Steps to Uninstall the Riot Client
3 Steps to Update Nvidia Drivers
How to Fix “A supported game is required to use this feature” on Nvidia