Midjourney is an AI that generates images/art from keywords.
Since its beta launch in March, it has close to 1 million Discord members.
You can join the Midjourney Discord server and go to a newbie channel to use the /imagine command.
However, the newbie channels are full of people, so you’ll have to constantly scroll up and down.
Alternatively, you can add the bot to your own Discord server, but the server needs to have below 1k members.
If this is your first time using the bot, this beginner’s guide will teach you how to use Midjourney AI on Discord.
How to use Midjourney AI
- Step 1: Join the Midjouney Discord server
- Step 2: Go to a newbie channel
- Step 3: Use the /imagine command
- Step 4: Wait for the AI to generate the images
Step 1: Join the Midjouney Discord server
- Download Discord on your device.
- Create a Discord account and log in.
- Join the Midjourney Discord server: https://discord.com/invite/midjourney.
Midjourney AI is only available on Discord at the moment, so you need to have a Discord account to use it.
Step 2: Go to a newbie channel
- Open the Midjourney Discord server.
- On the left sidebar, select a newbie channel (e.g. #newbies-31).
You can only use the Midjourney bot on the newbie channels.
There are multiple newbie channels that you can join.
This includes #newbies-1, #newbies-31, #newbies-61, and #newbies-91.
Try not to join the #newbies-1 channel as it’s very overcrowded.
Step 3: Use the /imagine command
- Use the /imagine command.
- Type what you’re thinking of after “prompt”.
After you’ve typed /imagine, the “prompt” keyword will automatically appear.
Type what you’re thinking of after the “prompt” keyword.
Here’s an example of a command:
/imagine the observable universe
Here’s another example:
/imagine a city in Japan at night
You can also use adjectives like:
/imagine a knight in battle, cinematic, epic, detailed
Or go crazy and type:
/imagine a knight in battle, cinematic, epic, detailed, 4k, hyper-realistic, intricate, atmospheric, unreal engine, octane render".
With Midjourney AI, the possibilities are endless.
Step 4: Wait for the AI to generate the images
- Wait for 60 seconds for the AI to generate the images.
- Use “U” to upscale the image or “V” to make variations of the image.
After you’ve typed /imagine, wait for 60 seconds and the AI will generate 4 images.
The images that are generated are based on the keywords that you’ve provided.
If you like an image, you can either upscale it or make variations of it.
For example, if you like the first image, select “U1” to make it larger and higher in quality.
Do note that each user only has 25 queries (including upscales and variations).
After you’ve used up all 25 queries, you need to buy a membership to continue using the AI.