Is your Instagram profile not showing your posts, followers, or following?
When you visit someone’s profile, you can see their profile picture, name, and bio.
You can also see how many posts and followers they have, and how many people they are following.
This information will always be public—even if the user has a private account.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix posts, followers, and following not showing, missing, or not working on Instagram.
- Why is Instagram not showing posts, followers, and following?
- How to fix Instagram posts, followers, following not showing
Why is Instagram not showing posts, followers, and following?
Instagram is not showing posts, followers, and following because of a bug/glitch.
It can also happen because you’ve followed or unfollowed too many people consecutively.
If so, the information on your profile will be temporarily hidden.
Because the followers and following list are hidden, you won’t be able to follow or unfollow people in quick succession.
This is done by the Instagram team to mitigate spam, bots, or automation on the app.
Third-party apps can also cause your posts, followers, and following to be hidden, so you need to delete them.
This is because some third-party apps allow you to follow or unfollow people at a faster rate.
In some cases, an Instagram outage can cause the issue, so you need to check if the app is down on downdetector.com/status/instagram/.
How to fix Instagram posts, followers, following not showing
To fix Instagram posts, followers, or following not showing, you can try to download an older version of Instagram.
You can also try updating the app or using the desktop version of Instagram.
If you’ve followed or unfollowed too many people at one go, or if Instagram is down, you need to wait for 24 to 48 hours for the error to be fixed.
Other troubleshooting methods include reinstalling the app, force quitting the app and reopen it, or clearing the app’s cache.
Fix 1: Download an older version of Instagram
- Delete the Instagram app.
- Go to https://instagram.en.uptodown.com/.
- Select “Older versions”.
- Choose an older version of the app.
- Select “Download” to download the APK.
Note: This only works for Android devices—if you’re using an iPhone, you need to try the other methods below.
Fix 2: Update the Instagram app
- Go to the App Store or Google Play Store and search for “Instagram”.
- Select “Update” to update the app.
- If there is no update available, you need to check back later.
Fix 3: Use the desktop version of Instagram
- Go to instagram.com on a mobile or desktop browser.
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Go to your profile and check if your posts, followers, and following are visible.
Fix 4: Other troubleshooting methods
- Wait for 24 to 48 hours: If you’ve followed/unfollowed too many people or if Instagram is down, you need to wait for up to 48 hours to see your posts/followers/following.
- Force quit and reopen the app: Swipe up from the middle of your screen, swipe up on Instagram to force quit it, and reopen it.
- Clear the app’s cache: For Android: Settings > Apps > Instagram > Storage > Clear Cache.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app: Delete Instagram from your home screen and reinstall it from the App Store or Google Play Store.
How to Download an Instagram Voice Message
How to Fix GIF Comment Option Not Showing on Instagram