Are you getting a “Page isn’t available right now” error when you open Facebook?
Here’s the second part of the error, “This may be because of a technical error that we’re working to get fixed”.
Followed by, “Try reloading this page” and there will be a refresh button at the bottom of the page.
If you tap on the refresh button, you’ll most likely land on the same page again.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix “Page isn’t available right now” and “This may be because of a technical error” on Facebook.
- Why is the page not available right now on Facebook?
- How to fix “Page isn’t available right now” on Facebook
Why is the page not available right now on Facebook?
The page is not available right now because Facebook is most likely having an outage.
If Facebook is having an outage, you won’t be able to access it until the issue is fixed.
There are a couple of ways to check if Facebook is down.
The first way is to go to downdetector.com/status/facebook and see if there’s an increase in the number of reports.
The second way is to go to Twitter and search for the error that you’re facing.
How to fix “Page isn’t available right now” on Facebook
To fix the “Page isn’t available right now” error on Facebook, you can try connecting to a VPN.
Alternatively, you can try downloading an older version of Facebook from a third-party website (Android only).
If Facebook is down, you must wait until the server(s) are back up.
Other troubleshooting methods include updating Facebook, clearing the app’s cache, and logging out and in of the app.
Fix 1: Connect to a VPN
- Force exit Facebook by swiping up from the bottom of your screen, navigating to the Instagram card, and swiping up.
- Install a free VPN app (e.g. Secure VPN－Safer Internet for Android – Super Unlimited Proxy for iOS).
- Open the VPN app and connect to a VPN outside of your country (e.g., US, Canada, UK).
- Reopen the Facebook app and try using it.
Fix 2: Download an older version of Facebook
- Uninstall the Facebook app from your device.
- Go to https://facebook.en.uptodown.com/android.
- Select “Older versions” and install an older version (APK) of Facebook.
- Open Facebook and the “Page isn’t available right now” error should be fixed.
Fix 3: Other troubleshooting methods
If the “Page isn’t available right now” error is still not fixed, try these troubleshooting methods:
- Clear Facebook’s cache: Force exit Facebook > open the Settings app > Apps > Facebook > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data > re-open Facebook.
- Update Facebook: Open the App Store/Google Play Store, search for “Facebook”, and select “Update”.
- Force exit and reopen: Swipe up from the bottom of your screen, navigate to the Facebook card, and swipe up.
- Log out and log in: Open the Facebook app > Profile > Menu > Settings > Log out > Log back in.
- Uninstall and reinstall: Tap and hold the Facebook app, delete it, and reinstall it from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Wait it out: If Facebook is down, you need to wait for a few hours for the server-side issue(s) to be fixed.