Are you getting a “Sorry, you have been blocked” error in ChatGPT?
Here’s the second part of the error, “If you believe this was a mistake, please contact us through our help center”.
Followed by the Ray ID like, “[Ray ID:7c1479f01c676bf4]”.
The error message happens because the system has detected suspicious activity.
As a result, your account is blocked to prevent misuse, abuse, or spam.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix “Sorry, you have been blocked” and “If you believe this was a mistake” in ChatGPT or OpenAI.
Why am I blocked from using ChatGPT?
You’re blocked from using ChatGPT because the system detected suspicious activity in your account.
You can also be blocked because you’re using a VPN or a proxy server.
ChatGPT blocks people if they abuse, spam, or misuse the service.
In other cases, a VPN, proxy server, firewall, or antivirus might prevent you from accessing ChatGPT.
How to fix “Sorry, you have been blocked” in ChatGPT
To fix “Sorry, you have been blocked” in ChatGPT, you need to disconnect your VPN or proxy.
You can also try removing your Chrome extensions or contacting OpenAI support for help.
Fix 1: Disconnect your VPN / Proxy
- If you have a home or work VPN, you need to disconnect from it to access ChatGPT.
- If you’re connected to a proxy server, you need to disconnect from it as well.
Fix 2: Remove your Chrome extensions
- On Chrome, click on the puzzle icon.
- Select “Manage extensions”.
- Remove or disable any unwanted, suspicious, and VPN/Proxy extensions.
Fix 3: Other troubleshooting methods
- Open an incognito browser and access ChatGPT.
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
- Temporarily disable your Firewall or Antivirus program.
Fix 4: Contact OpenAI support
- Visit https://help.openai.com/ and click on the chat bubble.
- Search for help > Browse related topics > Send us a message.
- Select the topic that you need help with.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.